Chapter Sixty-Five × Kansas?

"This one?" Erik asks, his fingertips already grazing against the back of my dress, touching the zipper

"This one?" Erik asks, his fingertips already grazing against the back of my dress, touching the zipper. The only one existing on my dress; the only fabric keeping him from finally being inside of me. The only one keeping him from seeing me naked.

I guess technically it is on my back; so if anything, he'll just be seeing my faded back-acne - which although every infomercial playing at 5:00am would like to tell you, can be cured by 3 easy payments of $59.99, is still there. Along with a lot of light hair that I've went back-and-forth between shaving and trying to apply self-tanner to, before finally just giving up on.

Not just my back, I gave up on self-tanning. I know, le gasp. It's just such a pain in the ass to sit in that stuff for a full night. When I was single, I had nothing better to do, but now that I share a bed with someone, it's a little more difficult.

Also, that stuff made my skin itch like crazy - and between that, and my non-stop sweating at night, I had to try and take at least some precautions to not have Erik want to move down the hall. Because nothing makes a grown man more erect than sharing a damp fitted sheet with someone that's scratching their skin flakes everywhere.

Va-va-voom.

"Yeah." I confirm, feeling the oh-so familiar tingling sensation in my south-of-the-border, when his breath touches the back of my neck.

I can feel my own breath getting heavier, waiting for him to make a move. And if he takes too long, that breathing is gonna become exasperated because I have the patience of a two year old that only got half a cookie instead of the full shebang.

I can hear his breath, followed by the low clearing of his throat. That, and the occasional giggling from that boob jobbed, I vacation in Cabo, girl, Kayden brought home. I wish I could say Erik closes the door and that shuts them both out (and up), but unfortunately the door is already closed and the walls are just paper thin.

The feeling of my zipper being moved down, is enough to distract me. Distract me from the talking going on outside, the occasional fireworks display, and my own thoughts that race through my head. His hands feel cold against my skin, but that's not what causes me to get goosebumps.

"You sure you just wanted me to undo the zipper?" He asks, despite being behind me, the sound of his voice making it clear he has a smile. It's not a friendly one, that he gives to everyone, it's the one specifically reserved for me.

For when I come out of the bathroom with my hair wrapped in a towel and wearing one of his t-shirts. For when I catch him looking at me when we're in the car, and a gaze of innocence turns into one of something not. And for that one time when I tried to ask him what he thought of my outfit and he ended up ripping off my clothes (not literally).

"Because..." He begins, delicately sweeping my hair to one side and taking full advantage of my bare shoulder. Not in some Edward Cullen way, he's not a vampire. Instead, he hovers his mouth just inches away from the side of my neck, making me wait for it, making me wait for what I want right now. "I was thinking maybe you asked me over here because you wanted me to kiss your neck." God damn that fucker.