Chapter Forty-Eight × One Sick Fuck

"You're one sick fuck

"You're one sick fuck." Link tells me, his words being a spitting image of someone with disapproval, but his face telling another story.

After getting home from our walk (freezing) and impromptu make out session (sort-of, it was just a couple kisses - though even a graze of the thigh is enough to bring my dick out of hibernation and into it's natural state around my girlfriend, or default state should I say).

"What?" I ask, a dumbfounded look on my face before it breaks into a smile and I laugh. I know exactly what he's talking about and so does he; but, given that we're sitting about five feet away from his kids right now (they're in the other room), I would say he'd be more likely to S-P-E-L-L I-T O-U-T than tell me he thinks I was having sex with my girlfriend.

Was I? Who knows.

Cassidy strolls into the room before he can say any more - like most holders of captives, wanting to make sure her prisoner isn't left alone for too long. I'm just fucking around, I like Cass. They just, they're very into their family and their kids and sometimes I feel like I never get to talk to my brother one-on-one anymore.

But I guess that's just what happens when you get married, or into a serious relationship: anything someone tells you, becomes gossip between you and your bed buddy. I know I've told Rosie some things that other people have told me in confidence - mostly because she's my best friend and I tell her everything.

"Can you take Noah for a second? I have to change my shirt." Cass tells him, passing over their just-under-one kid before he can even respond. I know Link has five kids - but whether he actually spends a lot of time with them, is a different story. I think Cass is the main one that does the work taking care of them, while he swoops in and reads them a bedtime story.

I know this, because when she accuses/tells him this, he then calls me to bitch and complain. I also know that she went over-budget last month and he's definitely gonna be holding it over her, the overspending around Christmas. Why? Because grown adults are petty as fuck and apparently penny-pinching even when they don't need to be.

Rosie and I, on the other hand, will be nothing like that. Nothing against my brother, I love him, but seriously, would it kill him to take the night shift once in a while? Granted, it's hard during the season - but that's why you work overtime during summer.

"Yeah, ok." Link agrees, taking Noah like he's a ticking bomb and then promptly handing him over to their travel nanny, near-by. I have a feeling that as soon as she heard Cass was going to entrust Link with their kid, she dropped whatever she was doing and sprinted towards the scene. That's probably why she still has toothpaste on her face.

Just kidding, she doesn't actually, but she might as well. Am I funny? I doubt it. But Rosie occasionally does; I'm sure our kids will think I'm lame and full of dad jokes. You best believe I'll be rolling up to the elementary school in a giant mini-van, whenever I'm free, that is.