Chapter 9

Third Person POV:

During Ash and Rogue's first gym badge challenge in the Kalos region, our heroes battled Viola and Anthony, the Santalune Gym Leaders. After a fierce battle Rogue and his Pokémon defeated Anthony as he now has his first gym badge. But Pikachu and Fletchling found it impossible to move freely on the battlefield they were defeated by Viola's Surskit and Vivillon.

Now, following a healing visit to the Pokémon Center Ash has begun preparing for a rematch with training assistance provided by Alexa.

'Vivillon's Gust isn't the only thing we have to deal with. There's Surskit's Ice Beam and Sticky Web too. How are we gonna do it?'

"He's doing it again." Gary notices Ash's expression as Rogue turns to Gary with concern. "When has he been doing this?"

"During our time Sinnoh," Gary answers as they look at Ash. Both are now concerned if this will get worse.

"Ash?" He turns to see Serena as she hands him a handkerchief, "Here, use this."

"Huh? Huh!" Ash realizes what it was for as he smiles. "Great. Thanks."

"Hm." Serena smiles but she looked troubled as she looks to the side. "Um. Here we go." Serena turns to Ash as Gary and Rogue was confused by what's going on, "Ash, do you remember me?"

"Huh?" The three Kanto boys were confused. Ash was met with a girl...?

"Think back to when you went camping in Pallet Town." Serena explains, "That's where we met."

"At camp?" Ash questioned. "That's right." Serena nodded as she tries to explain more, "We met at Professor Oak's Pokémon Summer Camp."

"Hey, I remember that camp," Ash stated as Gary's eyes widen. "You do?" Serena asks.

"Yeah, of course, I went to it." Ash answers. "I know, that's because I went to that camp as well," Serena explains.

"Can someone please explain to me what those two are talking about?" Rogue asks as Gary turns to him. "Oh right, you weren't there."

"Where? Where's there?" Rogue restated his question. "At my Gramp's Pokémon Camp. See Ash and I went there when we were six and it was during the summer. And during the summertime..."

"I was at the Hoenn region." Rogue finish Gary's sentence as he realizes what he was talking about. He remembers how both Gary and Ash talked about a summer camp that Professor Oak organize but never really remember because he never went there.

During the summer his father Draco took him to the Hoenn region for some time. When they got back, the camp was over as Rogue forgot about it over the years.

"That's okay Ash." They turn to see Serena and Ash still talking. "For now, you need to concentrate on training. You can remember me later."

"Right." Ash nodded as Gary and Rogue stared blankly at Ash. "Now I know why Ash never mentions the girl...He doesn't remember her." Rogue slowly stated as Glaceon sweatdropped, "Gla..."

"Wait...She went camping so she must've been six." Gary stated as he started to realize something. "That means she must be around our age."

Rogue furrows his brows as he realizes that Serena might be around their age. "Then, why is she starting her journey now?"

They look turn to Serena as they were curious as to what's her reason for suddenly starting her journey, rather than start it the moment she turned ten like the three of them. They look so see Ash laughing, "I haven't changed, have I? I'm not giving up, that just wouldn't be me at all. Thanks, Serena."