Bad dreams

He walked with his best friend on his side. It was a sunny day and perfect for riding his hawk but something inside him didn't really feel like it. It was a Sunday afternoon and most people stayed at home at this time. He thought about going somewhere special but decided to just hang out with his best friend after all. He was probably just lazy.

" I'm bored. Let's go to the beach." Draken pointed at his head. " we should swim a bit to get our head clear. " he laughed as the two continued walking down the empty neighbourhood. The boss just looked up to the sky with a small grin on his lips , remembering the last days.

" Hey ! You idiot, do you even listen to me." His friend stoped smoking his cigarette and looked over to him. " Or are you still thinking about that dumb girl ." He asked.

He looked over with a confused expression on his face." What girl ?" He asked back. " Huh ? Y/N of course ? The friend from Takemichi and Hina. " He started smoking again.

" Ahh her ... funny how she wanted to fight me but I don't punch women. " He mumbled as he but both of his hands behind his head , leaning onto them as he walked. " She definitely has a crush on you." Draken teased him.

" I know." He calmly replied but not adding anything more to their conversation. " Aren't you gonna ask her out or do anything about that ?" His friend asked annoyed. " What should I do ? I barely know her and people like us ... dating is hard. Also most women are so needy. " he took a deep breath and looked over to his friend. " Let's go to the arcade but before we go I need to buy some flowers." He commanded while he looked at Draken .

They both finally reached a small flower shop that belonged to an old lady. She sold flowers for over five decades and the two would come here regularly to check on her. She was nice , like the small sweet granny next door. He looked at some flowers but decided to buy some white ones. They were white roses mixed with other kinds of flowers in between and tied with a white and gold string. He look them and showed the granny that he wanted to pay for these ones.

" Oh those are beautiful aren't they ? I already sold one of these bouquets earlier." She pinched both of the boys cheeks before saying good bye. She even waved them as the two left the flower store.

" You wanna visit Baji ?" Draken asked as he looked down to his friend but Mikey just silently nodded. " Then i will leave you alone ... I think you could use that time with him." His Freund replied before leaving him. Baji was one of the founders of the gang and in the big gang fight he stabbed himself in his stomach. No surgery could have saved him. No one but his last words were still lingering in Mikey's head. He replayed them every time , nearly every day. They knew each other since they were teenagers and had the upmost respect for each other. He continued walking to the graveyard, not showing his sadness as usual , no he would always greet his dead friend with a smile on his lips. Its what Baji would have wanted to see is what he thought to himself.

Surprisingly he wasn't alone at Baji's grave. The exact same bouquet he brought was laying at the gravestone already , next to it , y/n. He watched her from the distance as she cleaned the grave stone a bit. The rainwater , blown up earth would sometimes make the grave stones dirty and unreadable. She just sat there for a while as she carefully fumbled at the flowers. He slowly approached her but stopped walking as soon as she turned around to face him. " Huh ? Oh ... Hi Mikey !" She said shyly but then turned around to look at the grave.

He came closer and stood right next to her , both reading the name that was written on the grave stone. " I didn't know that you knew Baji." He asked as he put his bouquet down.

" We were classmates..." She explained as the silence between them filled the air. They didn't knew each other that well to start a conversation and he didn't bother even trying to have one with her. He continued sitting on the floor, looking at the grave. He felt her gaze upon him but he didn't mind , he didn't really felt like talking. " It's weird ..." she started. " Sometimes I read the name over and over again and I can't still believe that he isn't there anymore." She sat down with him. " Even thought it's been years now..." she whispered, maybe afraid to disturb the peace of the dead.

He nodded as he looked at the engraved name. " I miss him but I know that he didn't die in hatred." He thought back when it happened. The whole situation was surreal to him , like a bad dream , a nightmare. Sadly that nightmare was the reality he lived in and he couldn't change it. He didn't like showing too much of his sadness. He was known for the guy that joked around and saw everything light headed but sadness wasn't a feeling that he particularly liked to share to the outside.

He stood up and looked down to her. The small figure that looked daydreaming at the flowers. " I have to go , Dranken is probably already waiting for me. See you !" He turned around and just left her , not looking back ones but it was good to know that he wasn't the only one that still suffered from the loss of his friend. Somehow it seemed to be a small connection that the two had.