Pepper spray

I need to hurry , putting on some shoes as I stumbled out of my house. Before I closed my front door, I quickly grabbed some money and ran down the street. A few days have passed and there was no further sign of Hanma yet I still had troubling sleeping. I was always alone at home and scared which gave me a few sleepless nights. The air was cold and I could see my own breath. The streets lights enlightened my way ,to the store I wanted to visit. I ran a bit faster as I knew that the store will close soon. My lungs burned but my stamina was good enough that I still made it in time.

I calmed myself down before entering the weapon shop. Behind the counter was a middle aged man. The had a few tattoos and his hair was slickly gelled back. You could see small scars on parts of his face. The jet black hair seemed to be long. It was overall black but a few grey strands were in between the black ones. He was quite muscular and seemed to be surprised to see me. He was probably not expecting to see costumers like me here. I shyly looked around before I took all my courage to walk up to him.

He stood behind the big glass counter and smiled brightly at me ,which gave me a bit of confidence. " So how can I help you ?" He sweetly asked as he leaned onto the glass counter. His muscles where showing through his shirt but I had other problems in my mind.

" I wanted to buy ... um ... pepper spray ... you know for like self ... for self defence!" I tried to sound determined and brave. He raised an eyebrow and turned around to search something in a box. He finally found what he had been looking for and placed the bottle on the counter. The spray bottle was quite small and pink , on it written was ' spray and slay' which was quite amusing. I carefully touched the bottle and took a closer look at it.

" You can have it. It's a gift." He said yet the smile on his face faded , looking more serious. He came back to the counter and looked over to me with an concerned look on his face. " Thank you so much ! Are you sure ? I mean I have money I can really -..." He raised his hand so I would stop talking. " I don't get costumers like you here so often and I definitely don't sell those here. I got some for my younger daughter and this bottle was left over. " he explained as he looked around his shop. It was full of different kinds of guns , knives, bullets and special bulletproof clothing. It looked like a place where just really bad and dangerous people would shop or harmless hunters.

I bowed to him as I thanked him for the gift. " Thank you so much sir !" I said but he just shook his head and smiled again. " Don't worry ! Just be careful. Some women don't have it easy out here." He ensured me. " I would kill every man that would even lay a finger on my daughter without her consent but I understand that not every girl is that lucky to have a cool dad like me." He gave me a cheeky smile and winked. We both started laughing.

I walked out of the store but was surprised to see a familiar motorcycle parked at the front of the shop. " Missed me ?" A voice behind me whispered. I quickly turned around to see non other then Mikey. He grabbed my hand and snatched the pepper spray bottle out of my hand. He looked at it surprised and then looked back at me. " Give it back !" I demanded and got really angry.

To my surprise , he actually gave me the bottle back immediately but his smile faded. We just stared at each other not saying anything. The buzzing of the led lights and sounds of the light night breeze filled the silence. He wore that hot Toman jacket where it would show his abs again. I hated but loved it at the same time yet it was a real challenge not to stare at him or his perfect face. The smile he always had drove me nuts but I wanted to see that smile every day. He suddenly grabbed something out of his jacket. It was a small note. He handed it to me without saying anything. I opened it and on it was a number written.

" It's .... It's my phone number in case you need anything." He calmly said. I was speechless and just stared at that number. After a while I looked back into his eyes. " You might not have 500 morons fighting for you but you have one , this one !" He pointed at himself. " and I'm as strong as 500 men." He smiled at me and I couldn't help but laugh a bit. I felt the heat rise up my cheeks again and immediately tried to calm myself down so it would go away. I didn't like the fact that he made me blush so much but it was exiting to talk to him. Something about him just made me wanna spend more time with him , get to know him better , maybe even run away together.

I finally snapped out of my day dreaming. " Thank you... I really appreciate it..." I said as I walked passed him , starting to walk back home. In the background I just heard how he started his hawk. He drove right next to me and waved his head , signalling me to jump on. I hesitated but decided to give it a got. " Oi ! Turn your navigation on your phone on ! So I know where to drop you off." He said loudly as the motor was running.

I did so and after a few minutes we finally arrived at my house. Everything was dark as I turned all the lights in the house of before I left. It looked so huge and scary from the outside but maybe it was just my imagination running wild. He leaned against his motorcycle as he waited for me to get inside. " Woa that's a pretty big house ! I bet your parents are rich !" He gushed.

" Yeah ... I mean my parents had good jobs. I try to keep the house tidy but it's a lot of work." I smiled awkwardly as I looked back to the house. " So what are they working as ?" He curiously asked.

" They both worked as lawyers." I sadly smiled at him as I thought back of all the beautiful memories I had with my family. " Worked ? So what do they do now ?" He tiled his head to the side.

" Well ..." I took a deep breath as I looked him into his dark eyes. " They both died." I finally said as his face got more serious now. He probably pondered how he could show me some pity or sympathy but I didn't want both of them. It was also really long ago. When I was 12.

" Do you have any siblings?" He continued asking yet his voice was lower. " Yeah ! One elder brother but he practically moved in with his girlfriend who lives in the center of Tokyo." I smiled shyly.

" So you are all alone here huh ?" He looked at the house. The moonlight reflected in some of the huge windows. " I lost my older brother a few years ago. We never stop thinking about the people we love huh ? " he smiled softly. " yet as soon as we find new people and learn to love again it feels scary , right ? Hoping that we won't loose them too. It's a shitty circle ?" He laughed softly.

I laughed too but couldn't take my eyes of him. He looked so peaceful for a moment. He wasn't angry at anyone or blaming someone. He seemed like he accepted the faith he lived in. Maybe I should strive the same and let go of the dead but never forget them. I walked up to him and we stood next to each other , looking at the house and the beautiful night sky.

After a while of talking a bit more I said good bye to him. I walked inside the empty house , made myself ready for bed and this time it was the best sleep I ever had for a long time.