Takemichi

I was walking to the seven eleven that was on my way home. I walked through the shelves and picked out some bubble gum , a chocolate bar and a pack of orange juice. Hina was already waiting for me as she bought some snacks as well. We would sometimes go to the store after school and walk home extra slow to talk a bit. We would talk about the newest gossip , celebrities, beauty hacks , fitness and sport , just everything. She was just like me yet she couldn't let go of one thing , someone she would always be there for and put him over everyone else , someone she loved. Takemichi.

She had someone who she truly loved , I didn't.

She is obsessed with that guy and loves him with her whole heart. She doesn't talk about their relationship a lot but anytime it comes up she would get super exited yet really flustered. The sweetest thing I found about the two was the necklace she was always wearing. It was a four leave clove which was made out of silver. She found the necklace so pretty and it had such a sentimental value to her that she wore it all the time. She even bought him another identical necklace and they would wear the same one. Some would find it cheesy yet I found it sweet. I was convinced that they would last longer then though Highschool. Maybe even a lifetime.

" Is everything ok y/n ?" She looked over to me with her big doll eyes. " Oh yeah why ?" I answered as I continued drinking my orange juice as we walked home.

" You ..." she looked over to me and smiled brightly. " You seem to be so ... different lately but in a good way. You don't look as stressed anymore or sad." She laughed a bit as she continued eating her jelly beans.

I gazed over to Hina and laughed as well. I looked back at the road and my eyes continued observing to the sunset. Peaceful as always. " You think so ? I feel no difference." I took a deep breath and closed my eyes for a second to take everything in. Just for a moment. Enjoying time being.

" Reallyyyyy ?" She giggled. " Don't you wanna tell me somethingggg." She said teasingly. I couldn't help but blush. I know that me and Mikey were really close last week but nothing happened. Most importantly, we are just friends. He doesn't like me that way. Does he ? My head started spinning as my cheeks were still red as a tomato. I was thinking about telling Hina how I felt but something was holding me back. I didn't want to jinx anything. Yet there was nothing to jinx as nothing will happen between me and him , well that's what I'm telling myself. I thought back about the moment he was right in front of he , how I felt his breath on my skin. He was so close that I could see right through his deep dark eyes that caught my attention every single time.

My whole head was still red. " HINA STOP ! It's not like I ... no ... I'm just doing fine on my own." I said determinedly as I crossed my arms. I looked grumpy away from her so she couldn't see how embarrassed I was. " You are just in denial sometimes. I know that there is something going on , yet it's fine if you don't wanna tell me now but I will find out eventually !" She said teasingly as she bumped repeatedly at my arm.

We walked a bit further as we came across non other then Takemichi and Chifuyu. They both spend lots of time lately but it was normal for the captain of a division and a vice captain to spend lots of time together. After all , those positions held lots of responsibilities so they probably talked about Toman and what happened in the 'gang community' . As soon as Takemichi spotted us he turned a bit red , exited to see Hina. They greeted each other and talked for a while. The two guys looked like they just got out a fight but the injuries weren't that bad.

" Takemichi ! Don't tell me you got into a fight again ! Didn't I tell you to take it easy !" She complained as her smile quirky faded. I tried to calm Hina down but there was no one stopping her. She was super angry and I could understand her point of view yet it was his responsibility as a captain to fight back if people challenged him or to work for Mikey or Draken. It was just part of his life now. " I'm sorry Hina but ... you know that I want to become the leader from the Tokyo manji gang one day ! I have to prove myself to them." He answered calmly yet determined. " I can't show weaknesses... not after all that has happened."

He ? The leader from Toman ? He can't even fight that good. I scoffed which wasn't an ideal time as Chifuyu gave me an ice cold look. Of course, the vice captain always supports the captain what a surprise. Like a little puppy that runs after his owner. I ignored his bitchy look as I focused on Hina. She got more upset as she talked with her boyfriend. Tears started to form on her eyes but I didn't want her to cry in front of them so I grabbed her arm and dragged her away from the guys. She tried her best holding her tears in but some still ran down her cheeks.

" Ok that's enough for today ! See you guys around ! Byeeee !!!" I shouted as we both just walked away. The tension got pretty heated and I didn't want her to say something she might regret later. We walked to the playground that was just outside her flat , she started sobbing so I held her until she calmed down. She wiped her tears away but more started rolling down as she did so.

" Thank you y/n." She breathed heavily. " It's just hard for me to watch him get hurt every single day. I mean , how could I ever be with a man like that. He will probably get beaten up to death before I get to marry him." She placed her face in to both of her hand palms , crying a bit louder.

I rubbed her back. " Hina , don't say that. He is probably just feeling pumped getting into all of these fights or just protecting his friends. I'm sure that he will get stronger and you guys will figure it out, together. Maybe you could talk to him about your fears." I ensured her. Time passed and she finally stop crying.

I looked at hear before I had a realisation. If I ever got into a relationship with one of the guys in Toman , it would be the same. I would feel the same sadness and fear like Hina. I would always have to worry that the guy that I feel in love with will be always in danger , wounded from his fights or depressed from all the pressure and stress. It would affect my by a whole another level , one I have never really thought about before. I kept daydreaming as Hina was still sobbing next to me. What if I am in a relationship with Mikey , I thought to myself. Everything would change. Would he keep our relationship in secret. I mean he is the leader of a big gang after all and he is already famous in that scenery. We could never normally date maybe even live together. He can't always be around me to protect me. I pondered for a while.

Hina sniffed a bit as some crying snood was still running out of her nose. " I would be a mess without you !"

She invited me to hang out inside her home and we talked for hours. She truly was a good friend of mine.