Tornado

I walked out of the classroom with Hina as there were some people fighting in the corridor. Some boys wanted to steal the lunch money from a boy that was a class below them. It was three against one. How unfair. They stole the glasses from the younger kid and threatened to break it if he didn't hand them his money. He was scared but didn't whine around. He reminded me a bit of Hina's smaller brother which was probably why I decided to speak up. " Oi ! You dumbfucks ! That's pretty low of you to tease smaller kids. " I screamed across the room as my cheeks got flustered but I didn't want to look weak.

BABUM

BABUM

BABUM

My heart pounded so loud that I could hear it. I was nervous. Now it was three against one and that one person was me. I continued looking stern at them not breaking eye contact. " Huhhhh ? Who are you little brat ?" One of the guys made a few steps to my direction. " You think that we are teasing him ? Don't you understand? We are doing that out of fun you dumb cunt !" He grinned as he placed both of his hands in his jeans pockets.

" That's enough ! Leave the boy alone or I will report you to the head master!" Hina screamed angrily as she grabbed my hand and bragged me back inside. " Hina ..." I started. She looked sad on the floor and sat down next to my school table. She took a deep breath and finally looked up to me. She grabbed my hand and gave me a small slap as if I was a misbehaving child that needed punishment.

" I can't with your guys ! Takemichi is already getting into fights nearly daily and now you ?" She said as she looked into my eyes , I could see that she was worried. After all Takemichi has been a bit distant the last couple of days , he must be under lots of pressure or stress and it probably affected her too. She really cared for him and now for me apparently too. She was always so kind , not only to me , to everyone around her.

" I'm sorry ..." I whispered. I didn't dare to say more as she had every right to be mad at me. She was probably just traumatised seeing her boyfriend beat up for so long. Some days I would even see him beat up , wondering how he is still alive.

We spend the rest of the day together and tried not to talk about the incident I had with the boys. After school , we walked out of the school building. She was telling a story but I totally zoned out as I looked at the school. It looked so pretty under the sunset light , so peaceful. One window was open. The window was located at the spot where I wanted to confess my love to Baji when he was still with us. Alive. The exact same corridor and the exact same spot. Weird.

" And then I looked back at the TV and noticed-..." I interrupted Hina's story. " Hina !" I quickly said. She looked at me surprised and tilted her head. " What do you feel ... what ... what you feel when you look at Takemichi?" I shuddered nervously.

Hina blushed so hard that I blushed out of embarrassment too. My question might have been too personal but we knew each other for quite a while now and I would totally respect it if she doesn't want to tell me how she felt about him. She looked at the sunset as she pondered for while. " Well ... it's hard to describe..." She mumbled as I waited patiently for her to think about the feelings she had for her boyfriend. " Its like... you are happy when you see him but sad when he leaves you but then he doesn't really leave you but like you miss him when he isn't around and he ... he just looks at you and you feel like you can't think clear but then ... when you look at him everything makes sense but also ...ahhh." She shook her head as it turned completely red. " It's just a tornado of feelings. " She whispered shyly.

" I understand... a tornado ..." I whispered to myself as I looked at the breathtaking view as well. We walked down the streets talking a bit more but what she said wouldn't leave my mind. I was happy for her and Takemichi yet at the same time jealous. I wanted what they have. I wanted someone in my live to make me feel like that. We both were nearly home but Heard a distant sound of motors in the distance.

The squeaky noice of the wheels and the chuntering of the motors. Those sounded oddly familiar. Hina giggled. " I guess the guys are making the city unsafe again with their motorbikes..." she said

I scoffed as I found those motorbikes ridiculous but I guess the guys found them cool. Sometimes it would look pretty bad ass but only sometimes. I grinned as I imagined how they would look like riding on them. Hina must have noticed as she giggled a bit more. " Who knows ... maybe you will find someone you like in Toman ?" She teasing said.

My mind automatically shifted to Mikey , making me feel the heat rising to my cheeks. Why did I think about him ? No , I don't like him , or maybe I was too proud to admit that. Definitely not ! We haven't even talked the last couple of days " The gang is just full of people that like to beat each other up... those are not my type of guys..." I babbled as I was flustered.

" Ah yeah ?" Hina came a bit closer and whispered. " Says the one that had a big fat crush on Baji..." she teased as she quickly ran down the street. " HINA ! DONT SAY THAT ! how embarrassing..." I yelled and ran after her as we both started laughing.