▪︎ 30 ▪︎

san diego, california
comic con

"SO YOU HAVE a panel at 9, brunch break, fan meet & greet at 11, break, and then an interview with the boys at 1," Vita told me, scrolling her phone with her perfect manicured nails— a new set, one that resembled strawberries.

I straightened my black top, checking for any makeup or deodorant stains I may have missed.  It was around 8am, and we were about to get to the Comic Con plaza and meet up with the rest of the cast.  The bumpy roads of LA made it a challenge to fix my lipgloss, but I made due.

"You look good," Vita said, clicking her tongue. "Did you even hear what I said?"

I laughed. "Of course I did.  Sorry, I'm just... I want to look nice."

I sighed, thinking about all of the "snake" comments on my last post.  I've never received such criticism like that from my own fans— well, ex-fans.  Some of my fan base had revolted on took Tom's side in all this.

"I know, sister," Vita replied, pursing her lips, "but literally; think of this as a fresh start.  You can address fans directly, and all of them are so sweet— the real ones, you know?  It'll be great."

(1) new message from
Sam

Hey, honeybelle.  Good luck at Comic Con today! You'll do wonderful, I'm sure.  I'm cheering you on all the way from NYC.

Vita glanced at my screen, cringing. "Yikes."

I sighed. "He's trying to be nice."

Vita huffed, rolling her eyes. "More effort than Tom.  That's admirable."

I huffed, a twist in my gut making me feel sick as I heard his name. We hadn't spoken since the night in my dressing room a week ago, and now we were about to be conducting interviews together. Luckily, I would have the rest of the cast to be a buffer. The game plan was; act normal. Friendly. Polite.

Coworkers, that's all.... Friends? Were we even that, anymore? I couldn't be sure.

My phone buzzed.

NEW SNAPCHAT from
sebby🦾

I scoffed halfheartedly, amused

I scoffed halfheartedly, amused. Quickly I fixed my hair and made a sarcastic-annoyed face, captioning it;
cant control LA traffic hun ‼️‼️

A second later, another notification popped up.

NEW SNAPCHAT from
sebby🦾