▪︎ 10 ▪︎

1 week later ▪︎ pratt beach house

"UGH...MAYBE I shouldn't have agreed to this," I muttered, shuffling my weight as I scrambled eggs. I stood in the kitchen of the lakehouse, wearing pajama shorts and one of Tom's tees. The eggs smelled delicious, but even their wonderful scent couldn't get me out of my mood.

"Why do you say that? I think it'll be good for you," Vita exclaimed from her seat at the island. "I think it'll give you a chance to...to put it behind you."

"I know, I just..." I sighed and scraped away at the eggs in the pan below me. "What if I freak out, in front of everybody? It's too soon."

"What's too soon?" I felt a pair of very strong arms wrap around my waist, and a kiss pressed against my neck.

"Morning, Tom," I spoke, leaning back into his embrace. I ignored his question, and continued pushing around my spatula.

"Y/N," Vita continued, "You're going to be fine. You haven't had nightmares for a few days, and you've been able to talk about it without breaking down."

Tom's grip on me loosened and suddenly he lightly pushed me out of the way, grabbing the spatula. "What are we talking about, ladies? Whatever it is, it's making you so upset you're going to destroy these eggs!"

I hadn't noticed my cooking of the eggs had gotten a bit more violent. I sighed and leaned against the counter, grabbing my mug of coffee and cradling it in my hands. "You haven't heard? I'm trending again."

"Oh?" Tom replied, cocking an eyebrow. "How's that?"

Vita tapped her nails against the counter and read aloud a few tweets;

"

@E!news
Catch-up on the latest news of @yourtwitter's harrowing tale of survival on our site! Sources say she's "broken"....will she ever be back to her super-self?

.
.

@BuzzfeedUSA
@yourtwitter has decided to break her silence after only a few days after her escape. Tune in to our livestream watch party tonight & react with us!

.
.

@GoodMorningAmerica
After a terrifying kidnapping, actress @yourtwitter is finally speaking out. Will she ever be the same?

.
.

@TonightShowwithJimmyFallon
Tune in TONIGHT for an exclusive interview with @yourtwitter and @aarontaylorjohnson for details of their intense lives on and off screen."

Tom took the pan off the stove and sent me a quizzical look. "You're going on the Tonight Show? I thought Aaron already handled that for you..."

I shook my head. "No, that interview was the Late Late Show with James Corden. This one's wth Jimmy Fallon, cause..well, everybody knows I'm comfortable with Jimmy. Considering the circumstances, they rescheduled that James Corden interview."

Tom handed me a plate of eggs and a fork. "And Julio's okay with this?"

I took a seat next to Vita, poking at the eggs with my fork. "Yeah, he made the rescheduling."

Vita quickly butted in, her voice chirpy and much happier than mine. "Because he knows it'll be really good for you! You're a creature of habit, Y/N, and once you get back to living like you used to, you'll jump right back into loving life."