▪︎ 6 ▪︎

new york city, new york

"AARON! HOW ARE you?" I answered the call, ploppong onto a chair and hiding the phone in my lap, knowing Tom wouldnt be seen from behind me (since the airplane chair was on placed near the wall). Aaron's face popped onto my phone screen and he grinned as I spoke. "I'm good, Y/N. It's nice to see your face. What's up?"

I smiled and looked around. "Um, me, actually. I'm on a flight, to New York."

"New York? Why?"

I pursed my lips. "Photoshoot, for Nike."

"Oh, congratulations! Nike chose the perfect model," he complimented, winking.

"Y/N, who's that?" Tom questioned me casually whole making his way towards me. I widened my eyes as Aaron narrowed his. "Y/N," Aaron spoke slowly, "is that Holland?"

"Uh..."

Tom furrowed his brows and walked towards me, sitting in the chair, pushing me over a bit. Now we were really close, me practically on top of his lap, the way Tom maneuvered himself into the chair.

"Oh. Aaron," Tom said, his tone of voice sounding a bit edgy. "Hello."

Aaron frowned. "Holland, you're going with Y/N, to New York?" He scoffed. "Another date?"

I cut in before Tom could answer. "No! Not another date. Aaron, why...we didn't go on a date."

Tom nodded while Aaron replied. "Come on, Y/N, I've seen the articles and pictures. You two went to Spellbound last night. I also saw your little dip in the hotel pool."

Tom cleared his throat and put his arm around me, narrowing his eyes at Aaron. "She doesn't have to ask for your permission, you know."

Aaron opened his mouth to speak, but I stopped him by pushing Tom away and walking to the other end of the plane.

"Sorry about him, Aaron. And don't be so mean. Tom's just a friend."

Aaron scoffed. "For now," he muttered.

"Anyway," I shushed him, "thank you for the flowers. I love them."

"Of course," he smiled. "Listen, the reason I called; I wanted to talk to you about the Late Late Show interview-"

"What?" I glanced at Vita. "What interview?"

"The one with James Corden. It's set for tomorrow evening, I thought you knew?"

"Julio didn't tell me. Sorry, Aaron. But, uh, what were you wanting to talk to me about?"

"I got you a gift. I want you to wear it to the show, if you want."

"Oh! Sure, Aaron. What is it?"

He smirked. "Surprise. My lips are sealed." I heard some muffled voice come from off screen. Aaron frowned. "Sorry, darling, I've got to go. Call me tonight, will you?"

I nodded. "Of course. See you later."

He hung up and I put my phone away, and called Vita over. Tom was sulking on the other end of the plane, and Vita chuckled. "Lover Boy over there seems a bit ruffled. What happened?"

"Nothing," I replied. "What's up with the Late Late Show interview?"

Vita smacked her palm on her forehead. "Oh, mierda, I completely forgot! It's tomorrow night, I actually packed another outfit 'cause we're staying in New York. I'm sorry, Y/N. I'm an idiot."

I shook my head. "It's alright, Vita. Did Aaron say anything to you about a gift?"

She shook her head as Tom walked up. He sent her polite look, a silent message of leave us alone for a second. Vita raised her eyebrows at me and sauntered towards Harrison.