PART 17: Second Week of January, 2018

╔════▣◎▣════╗

╚════▣◎▣════╝

╚════▣◎▣════╝

『𝙔𝙄𝙉 𝙋𝙊𝙑』

🆂🅴🅲🅾🅽🅳 🆆🅴🅴🅺 🅾🅵 🅹🅰🅽🆄🅰🆁🆈, 2018

It was already the second week of classes when I finally realized War really meant it when he said he wanted to stop being my best friend. He still smiled at me but just addressed me as a friend or even a classmate.

He wouldn't talk to me if there was nothing important, he no longer came to my seat, no longer always followed me and no longer clingy with me. He changed and I know, it was because of me.

I always looked at him when we were in class because I sat in the back and he always sat in the front. I noticed a strengthening of his bond with Prom, the new student. He gave the new student the same smile he used to give to me.

I desperately wanted to tell him that I didn't like him hanging around with Prom because I could see from the way Prom was looking at him, it was more than just buddies. I could sense it. I was hurt but I didn't have the right to tell him everything. Is this how he felt when I ignored him after he told me he didn't like my closeness to Fern?

"War..."

"Are you...free this evening?" I ventured to talk to him because I missed him...so badly.

"I'm not," he replied without glancing at me and went back to finishing the essay homework our teacher had assigned.

"I want you to teach me math. There are some...questions I can't solve," I stuttered to say that because he seemed doesn't care about my presence at all.

He simply gave me a blank stare without any other facial expression. "You can show me that question. I can teach you now," he said, not smiling. His eyes looked empty.

War, please smile at me. I miss your smile.

He continued to look at me without smiling and raised his eyebrows when I didn't respond. I simply stared into his eyes and noticed that he was no longer looking at me with the same brightness. It was completely empty.

"Yin?" He called me as I kept quiet.

Yin. I loved when you called my name. I felt more at ease and every time you called me with your adorable voice, I always felt how much you appreciate my presence, even though I often describe you as annoying.

"Hello, Yin?"

I was startled out of my daydream when he suddenly snapped his fingers in front of me. "Er...it's okay if you're busy. I can ask another friend to help." I looked at him with an awkward smile as actually I wanted to see him this afternoon primarily for the purpose of spending time with him. I really miss him. I miss my War that was always clingy with me.