more than ever

CW: f l u f f

       Kenma was lost. He had no mother, not a father that loved him anyway. No love,  just a long emotionless life he had yet to learn how to endure. He had shot someone and for the first time in his life he finally felt remorse.  He felt like shit.

       He woke up in a panic, their voice horse from screaming. The room was silent, save for his heavy breathing their body produced. Kuroo had slept beside him the whole night on the floor and it was only when kenma accidentally stepped on his limp body while getting off the couch when he noticed. 

       "FUcK!" Kuroo shouted, rolling to the side and clutching his stomach. 

         Kenma looked down at him, puzzled. His voice raspy he said, "You can get up now."

        "Kenma! Holy shit!" Kurro jumped to his feet and wrapped kenma in a tight embrace, one the assassin took awkwardly.

"Get off Kurro. Please it hurts."

Kurro let go quickly and stepped back in fear. 

"Im uh-" kenma started, "Im sorry you had to see me like that. It wasnt very fun for you, and i fucked up the mission." 

Kuroo burst out in hysterics.

"What the fuck?" Kenma asked

"IM sOrry, but you LitEraLly almost DIED and now your ApOlogizIng pLeaSe-" 

"You could have gotten hurt." 

Kuroo stopped.

"Worried, are you?" Said the hitman in a serious tone.

Kenma looked away awkwardly and narrowed his eyes. 

"Of course not." 

"Oh i think you areeeeee" the hitman sang. 

"Go choke on a dick"

"Only if its Ryan Reynolds." 

"Who?" 

"Fuck kenma, you dont know about the man, the myth, the legend?" 

Kenma sighed, "No and i dont care. We need to worry about what to do next and-" Kurro grabbed his chin and tilted it back towards him.

"When will you stop worrying about work?"

"When will you mind your own damn business?" Kenma snarked.

"Never. At least until i know youre mentally okay. Please." 

Kenma sighed and moved away, letting Kuroos hand fall away from his chin. It suspiciously burned.

Kurro stepped back toawrds the kitchen and picked up his phone. 

After a dial, and a few rings, "hey hey he- Kurro! Is kenma okay?" 

"Yeah man. Hes awake, im gonna go make him breakfast now." 

"No your not!" Kenmas shout came from the living room.

Bokuto chucked, "Im glad all is well. Its been hell over here with Daichi and Akaashi-"

"Ohoho?" 

"Fuck, no one, gotta go!" 

The dial tone went off signing the end of the call. 

Kurro sighed and sat down at a nearby bar stool. 

"Hey, im gonna go home." Kenma said shyly.

Kurro looked up at the blonde, standing there in kurros oversized pjs, pircings, bloody lips and all. He looked-

"Beautiful."

"What?" Kenma said softly? 

"Nothing. Please stay. Ill make food."

Kenma smiled a bit, "only if i can do dishes." 

"Deal."

AUTHORS NOTE: hey everyone. Its been awhile. Im sorry ive been distant, and my writing is shakey as i havent written in like- a whole ass year, but ill get the hang of it as i plan on staying! Nice to see you all again. Get ready for angst.