Tape My Fragile Heart

The rain had been hitting hard all weekend, only taking a small break on Monday night. The smell of the summer had filled Bokuto's lungs and made him feel refreshed. Hacking for Kuroo wasn't very hard but after awhile the sleepless nights would catch up to him making Bokuto sigh with content each time he got to lay down.

Once he was sure the rain had stopped completely, Bokuto grabbed his biker jacket, helmet and keys, heading down the stairs to start up his motorcycle. Once driving down the empty streets of Tokyo he allowed himself to become lost in the ride. The feeling of adrenaline was hot on his tongue, addicting and straight up euphoric, and he let it ripple throughout his body; at one point standing up while driving like a child would do on a bike. Bokuto closed his eyes briefly, smiling at the sky and breathing in the smell of gas and rain.

"WAHOOO!" He shouted childishly. Laughing he sat back down in the seat, noticing something up ahead. He squinted at what looked like a small body of water. Bingo. Bokuto grinned as he snapped his right hand back towards his chest, accelerating the motorcycle forwards. He braced himself, feeling the warm night air, and humidity whip at his face. He quickly drove through the large puddle in the middle of the road, sending waves of water to the sides, getting it all over the cuffs of his track pants and bottom of his bike. He laughed at how alive he felt all the way to Sugawara's bar.

—-
The bartender was already behind his post when Bokuto walked in, "Hey hey hey, Sugawara-san, did miss me?"

Suga looked up from the register and grinned, "It's always nice to see you Bokuto! I'm sure you're here for the fight tonight?"

"You know it! I'm ready to kick some ass!"

Suga laughed again, "Ill be routing for you. Go ahead and go down. Be safe, and tell Daichi I said hi!"

"Can't go down there and ogle him yourself Suga-San?"

The bartender raised his towel ready to smack but Bokuto was already behind the counter making his decent into the tunnel. He could hear Sugas giggles through the entreyway, and it made Bokuto very happy this his friend had found someone to love. Suga had always been kind, and especially responsible. He would drop anything for anyone at any given time or place. It didn't matter what you did wrong, Suga-San would be right there to help.

Bokuto hadn't known Suga for more then three years but he knew that once in third year the future bartender got caught up in illegal street fighting. He thought it was all fun and games until one of his opponents injured him. The fights needed rules and he tried to stress that but the only one that stood up for him was Sawamura Daichi, one of his opponents.

Right out of high school Suga had bought the bar, adding on a building below for illegal street fights. Daichi would go down and be the referee while Suga stayed behind the counter hiding his secret, and serving regulars. The alcohol was bought expensive, served cheep, and it was really good, but what interested Bokuto wasn't the booze.

Once below the bar, he had come to a large soundproof door. With wide eyes, Bokuto put his hand on the doorknob, the cold air that had attached to the metal metal bit into his palm. He took a deep breath, and pressed into the door opening it up, the sound of music immediately hitting his ears. The hot pulse of the beat made his heart thump in his chest, and Bokuto rolled on his heels excitedly, looking around with a grin on his face. The air smelled of sweat and alcohol, giving him the sense of euphoria.

Fights consisted of one round, the winner KO-ing their opponent. The people who came to watch would bet on who they thought the winners would be at the beginning of the matches, and at the end the money would be given to the winner of the night. Bokuto had gotten a total of 5,000 dollars and it had only been 6 weeks since he started as a regular.