safety net

The feild in the dream was vast and seemingly endless, each blade of grass dancing in the wind as if there was some sort of song, the heart beat of the earth keeping the tempo of the world strong.

Buttery warmth meshed with greens, blues, and yellows, as Kenma stepped through the plains, not even bothering to look back. He knew Kuroo was following him. He followed him everywhere. And agknolwging it meant that he would have to explain why he didn't mind it, and that was a conversation he wasn't ready for.

His earphones no longer tangled in his pocket were pluged into his cell phone, the end of the song finally rolling in. He tuned it out and stopped in the center of the feild at a small pond.

Cringing as he sat down in the wet grass he waited patiently for Kuroo go feel bold enough to take his rightful place at Kenmas side.

It only took a few minutes, and in the end Kenma acted as indifferent as ever.

"Hey Kenken, I know you come here when you're sad so you want to tell me what's going on?"

Kenma sighed, of course Kuroo figured it out already. They did spend months together, but it was always so quick, always catching Kema off guard; and he loathed it.

He loathed everything though. The way Kuroo would chew on the eraser softly trying to mimic those damn things he reads online, the way his hair stuck up in weird angles. He hated the way he laughed. The cackle that sounded like a wip to others, the one that people called ugly.

But where they said ugly Kenma would choke on beautiful.

He loathed more than that. The way Kuroo liked to sing, or the shitty way he drew on notes, and the way he breathed sometimes. Like he was always walking on eggshells and ready to attack anyone who dared hurt Kenma. Like he needed it anyway.

Kuroo was misunderstood. And Frankly so was kenma.

It was a nightmare. 

And now on the ledge two moments from falling to his death something grabbed his sleeve, and yanked him back. 

"What the FUCK, Kenma!" he growled.

Kenma sobbed, "Let me go Please! I need to die, please."

Kurro clutched him closer, and breathed in the scent outside. It smelled like rain.

"Im not letting you." He whispered, "No fucking way Kenken. Im sorry but, no."

Thunder crackled in the distance as lightning lit up the sky. The white sheer curtians blew in the breeze, and all Kurro could think was:

"Youre so important to me. No."

That night Kenma had been rocked to sleep.

Maybe, Kenma thought, Kuroo was what it felt like to be

lov-

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

authors note: Good morning everyone! he is alive lmao