Wrongfully Placed Forgiveness

The world never stops spinning, no matter how much you pray, how much you cry, or beg. Time never stops for anyone, no matter how hurt, or scared. That's just how life works.

Lev grunted as he got up from the ground, blood blooming through a place on his stomach. He had gotten shot squarely in the side when he fell down to the floor, a few feet from Yaku.

Yaku.

Lev scrambles for purchase, wincing as he walked as quick as he could over to his fiancé, whom had not yet died.

He was breathing-rasping for air really. He looked paralyzed, and lev stared at him in horror.

"Y-Yaku?" No response.

"Yaku, please. Come on. Get up. Y-you're going to make it right? You... you had a vest on? Right?"

Yaku's head turned up towards Lev, who was clutching his side, pain flashing on his face for more then the reason of the ripping feeling from the inside out. The look on the mans face said it all, he hadn't put a bullet proof vest on like Lev had thought.

Yaku smiled softly up at lev, and the Russian took it as a sign to lean in closer. He got down on his knees- grunting at the pain, and leaned down to hear Yaku.

The fashion designer breathed in deeply rasping our words that chilled Lev to the bone, "I can hold your hand if you're scared?"

Lev choked on a sob. He didn't know why this hurt so much. This was all his fault. He did this didn't he? No, Kenma did. Kenma shot him, not Lev. This couldn't be his fault.

As if seeing the question in his eyes Yaku reaches out and gripped one of Lev's long fingers weakly, "I forgive you."

"I-I'm so sorry Yaku."

"Shhh."

"Y-you didn't deserve this." Lev cried.

"Shh hey," Yaku brought up his hand slowly, and wiped a tear from Lev's face, cupping his cheek slightly, "don't be scared, it won't hurt. I'll be okay I promise. I won't hurt anymore."

Lev's tears streamed down his face at a rapid pace, the lights on the grand chandelier flickering above them. The hall was empty and silent, the only thing being heard was Yaku's gentle shushes, and Lev's sobs.

"Hey Lev..."

"Yes Y-Yaku?"

"I know this whole fiancé thing was a set up and I told you I never would let you but..." Yaku brought his hand down and curled it into Lev's shirt collar. "Can you kiss me?"

Lev breathed out harshly, staring down at his fiancé. The room felt cold, and sad, but Yaku's body was still a little warm, and Lev wanted nothing more then things to be okay.

"Yaku, no. No, no.. no- thats not how this is supposed to go. You were supposed to marry me, but hate me, and not kiss me and- well if you just allow me to get help we can change things. Please- just... we can kiss, and do things right. We don't have to take over AGARDA, and we can just live happily. We can go to your parents cottage in America. We can-" Lev choked over more tears, "No-"

"Hey... shhhh. Lev. It's okay. Just, be here in the now. With me." A tear slid down Yaku's face, and Lev slowly bent down, and kissed it before it could roll off his face- his own tears mixing with Yaku's.

He then sat up slightly, and moved over to Yaku's mouth. Staring into his eyes and waiting for the okay, lev slowly moved in closer, and brushed his lips against his fiancés. Yaku's breath hitched, and he pressed deeper, hiccuping into the kiss.

Lev felt Yaku smiling sadly, as he opened his lips, and breathed into Lev's mouth.

Warm...

They laid there in the dark, clinging onto each other, and when Lev finally pulled away, Yaku was still. His eyes were closed, lips parted slightly, and he looked at peace. He looked happy. He had used his last breath to kiss Lev. Sure he had hated the Russian for his impulses, and his lack of skill in everything, but he still had a bit of a soft spot for the man. He was there with Lev through it all.

Who was going to be there for Lev now? Who was going to tell him not to drink the coffee till it cools down, or tell him he's overworking himself and even he needs breaks. Who'd remind him that revenge isn't everything and... sometimes it costs lives.

Lev shuddered, and stood up slowly, allowing his blazer to fall off his shoulders, and pull it around to place it over Yaku. He set it down gently and tucked into the sides of his fiancée as if laying him down to sleep. He then pressed a kiss longingly onto Yaku's forehead, tears hitting the hard tile below.

Finally leaving Yaku's body where he lay, Lev left the ball room, wincing slightly while he clutched his side, ready to just be done with it all.

Sadly he had some unfinished business left before he could Rest In Peace with Yaku.

Someday soon. Soon.