Letter of Regret

Dear you,

If I choose to end this someday, do not stand and think what would have prevented it. You knew it all along because

I TOLD YOU.

But you just didn't take me seriously.

I told you how hurt I was about my father's misogyny, chauvinism, ego... everything about that man made my face twist with disgust, knowing I shared his blood. I told you how each day, I was afraid to death that I would become as delusional and mentally convoluted as my mother was. I told you how much stress I had to endure each day because my body was killing itself. I told you how much it hurt to be always told "but you don't have it difficult". I told you, mom. I told you, dad. I told you, brothers. I told you, friends. I told you, sir.

I TOLD YOU ALL.

But
you
never
listened.

To you, it was fine as long as I was successful in terms of your definition. Academically bright student. Polite daughter. Humorous and socially active friend. You were fine knowing this. You willfully ignored the other half because you just didn't take me seriously. "Successful" people and their first world problems, am I right?

So yes, congratulations on your (assumably) first murder. Don't stand and pretend like you don't know that you killed me. And go on, wage dirty wars with your mouth on how what an ungrateful bitch I am to end such a life. And I know you will go on to simply be your blindfolded self to every other "successful" person begging for help.

(But if regret ever strikes, now or ever, just please PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE... please. Listen. Help. If you at all care about keeping someone alive.)

But you didn't. And you won't. So bid adieu and I shall haunt you soon in your memories.

- Me