Letter Of Choice

Dear you,

We always have a choice. It's just that we are too selfish or too cowardly to make the right ones.

I regarded you as a person of greatness. The kind of people you look up to in awe. I was in awe of your honesty and straightforwardness. I was in awe of your open-mindedness.
But sometimes, I just wonder if those thoughts led me to create a superficial form of you that you could never be.

I wanted you to choose me. You mostly didn't , unless you had to get something done from me. I was never a choice. It was always her. I think you were afraid of what she would say or how she would react if you didn't choose her. You chose her out of cowardliness and she kept you out of selfishness. The freedom she had matched yours. But the choice slowly became something you couldn't change anymore.

You were never afraid of how I would react because I never would hurt you. I definitely might get angry but I would never make you feel bad. That, my friend, is true freedom.

For choices to match is easy. For thoughts to match is difficult. For minds to match is rare. I know our minds match, but you choose to ignore it.

Through the years, everyone saw us as best friends. I believed that to be true too. It's just that how much ever I love you and hold your back, it is the temporary love she gives that you crave more. The momentary bliss clouds your judgement.

You divulge in dishonesty now. It is of no honour. You have become assertive, failing to accept your own mistakes. You, who taught me honesty, are now choosing dishonesty for the sake of winning. That is not a true victory. I try to stay close and save you. But something tells me it's not true. We are drifting apart.

Whenever I felt bad, I never came to you. I think I know why. I knew what you would say. Consoles were never your area of expertise. You used to be honest. But you gave me up many a times. Of course, you'd rather be with her. That was there too. You bore the cross of pride. It matched hers, yes. It overrode you sometimes. But no one ever told you that. Those who tried are tired too.

To say I am not tired would be a lie. But I stay true. I have been honest and helped you all I can. But when you fail to understand, I don't lose hope. I just feel that you have chosen wrongly. Your choices are not my jurisdiction. You trust her much more than you trust me. No lie of yours can convince me otherwise. But that is mistrust, my friend and you will eventually know.

- Me