Letter Of Hopelessness

Hopelessness. It is a feeling of void. How ironic. It is the feeling of actually feeling nothing. Numbness.

It is the worst thing anyone could go through. I wish upon the world that nobody undergoes helplessness and hopelessness. It is a never ending abyss of pure darkness. No differentiation of emotions. You don't feel happy or sad or angry.... You just feel so heavy. Something tugging at your chest, pulling you down,as if the weight of the world has become your burden to carry. Breathing becomes a difficult task. Your body refuses to move. Faking a smile becomes so difficult,even though you've done it for years. Tears don't form even when you want to cry.

It is the worst place to be because your heart has gotten so very used to pain that it doesn't even react anymore.

Being empathetic, caring and true to one's words are the most beautiful qualities a person can possess. But unfortunately, the world today only looks to take advantage of those qualities. I always thought that shouldn't let me lose my genuineness. The old " coals become diamonds under pressure" blah blah logic. But no one ever told me that people would not hesitate to even rip the heart out of you if you were genuine.

I've been there for as many people as I can. But when I need someone, there is nobody. The few that I trust take it up as their responsibility to nitpick my "faults"and provide advice. The thing is sometimes you know what's wrong. But all you look for is a hug and a few comforting words.

But we can't sit and wait around, can we? Work and other commitments do keep us busy. No one asks you if you're mentally well enough to work. But you do work. Keep going on with no stop.

And to people like me who do this, I promise you, think of that one girl who wrote that long rant when you go through something like this. She's there for you. Always. Whatever it is that you're going through, it's a bad day.... It is not a bad life. Stay alive.