the pit

time flew by, and it was time to see sam, abby, and seb play in zuzu. alex held my hand the whole time we were there. i was scared someone would recognize me or catch me as a vampire. luckily no one did, i ended up buying a shirt and a cd as we all headed out. "so what did you think?" abby ran up to me grabbing onto my arm. "its was good. you guys are a really good band." i said and got into my seat shaking her off and pulling alex next to me. "hey why wont you let anyone get close to you?" alex asked as abby pouted away. "i dont like people. you know that." i said harsher than i meant to. "oh come on, shes cute and seems to like you." i shook my head, "alex i dont want to be with a..look i get you love being in a relationship but i dont. i like where im at." i looked at him putting my head on his shoulder. "ren...i need you to be in love with someone else." he said quietly and i lifted my head. when i looked at him he looked like he broke his own heart with the words he said. "fine. you pick the person ill go on a date." i said leaning my head on the glass instead and wishing i could vanish but that would cause everyone to turn to me. we rode in silence, everyone else cheering and yelling at eachother so happy about the event. i looked over to seb who smiled shyly as people spoke to him. he noticed me and waved, i looked back outside. 

"ok you and abby are going on a date. lets get you ready!" alex came over and i rolled my eyes and ordered dinner from the saloon so i wouldnt have to make a meal. "oh come on let me cook!" i shook my head. i still havent spoke to him since the bus. i wasnt really mad at him, i couldnt be. but i was sad and didnt know how to express that. he nodded, "you know im just trying to.." he was interrupted with a knock. i touched his shoulder making him vanish and go back home with his grandparents. i opened the door and let abby in, she smiled nervously and i looked outside to see sam and penny watching me from a bush. i shook my head and shut the door. "um so what um" i handed her a cup and turned the tv on to a anime i liked to watch when i was bored, it was very short but it was fun to watch. "did you...actually want to go on this date." she asked softly, i pressed pause and turned to her not wanting her to feel like she wasnt important. even if i dont want to do this dating thing it doesnt mean i have to be a bad date. "abs, youre very pretty and you seem smart. i...i just dont like dating. its hard for me and its really boring to me. i used to like it when i was younger but its way too much." she nodded, "maybe this can help?" she grabbed my face and kissed me hard. her lips were soft and sweet like marshmellows. then she bit my bottom lip making me open my mouth out of instinct, suddenly we moved from just kissing to full on making out. her hands sliding up my shirt causing her to immediately move back from how cold my body really is. 

"oh yoba im sorry youre just so cold." i felt the heat from the name shake me and looked at her annoyed. "its fine. dont say that name in my house." i said harshly as i got up and started cleaning up the dishes, while i dont need human food it does taste good. she joined me in the kitchen trying to apologize again. "i didnt mean to ruin the mood im really sorry." i forgave her and asked if she wanted me to walk her home. "id love that. thank you ren." we walked back and i said goodnight as i headed back to my farm where alex was waiting to talk to me about what had happened. "soooo!?" i shook my head at him and grabbed some wine from the basement as i headed to my room. "ok well ill make another date with someone else, ok?" i nodded and shut my bedroom door hoping hed get the hint and leave as i chugged the entire bottle and passed out. when i woke up it was late and i was hungry, but for something else rather than human. i went to cindersnap and found a deer. as i leaped to grab it i accidently bumped into another animal. i was pinned under them and couldnt move, it felt too familiar. he growled at me and looked up at the scared deer. i used the moment to wiggle out and attack the deer. it died in a second, the blood making me feel calm. "you stole my kill!" he growled out. i smiled and threw the deer carcass at him. "there's still meat. just no blood. itll be a clean cutting, thats preferable anyway. right?" i started to head home and shane, still in werewolf form, he was officially on my farm land so i felt secure about not being attacked. i just rolled my eyes at him on top of me. "what do you kill only for sport not food?" i said annoyed at his childishness. "no i...i was drinking and i needed release..so i was hunting." he started to go back to human form calming down but still holding me. 

"so jerk off." i said trying to hold a smile. "thats not the release i meant." his growl made my brain into mush and i couldnt help it anymore. "then tell me. what do you mean?" i went as close to his ear as i could, smelling the pine and alcohol on him and letting myself turn into mush. "why tell you, i could easily show you. you brat." i laughed "brat? thats the biggest insult you got, mutt?" i could feel his grip loosen but i stayed still. "guess so, why arent you moving?" he smirked and i couldnt stop my smile anymore. "ah i think i get it now. so why dont we go inside, even for a mutt its not that great to...do certain stuff outside." i vanished us to inside on my bed.