flower dance

its been almost a month since ive been here, ive been doing good on produce special for gus and ive started looking at making alcohol like grandpa did. i heard about the flower dance from the fairy sisters, they wanted to help make me a outfit but i declined. assuring them no one would want to ask me to dance. "thats ridiculous! why wouldn't someone ask you?" "hayl, have you met me? im cold and distant, the most words i can say in a sentence is only to prove someone wrong or insult them." emily laughed and agreed. i rolled my eyes at the two and left thanking them for having me for tea. i enjoyed meeting them for tea every day before emily went to the saloon to work, we talked alot about the faye world. ive visited but i never stayed, i made it obvious i didnt mean any harm and my family were always friends of faye. tomorrow the flower dance will begin and the town will be empty, maybe ill just roam. as i headed up to the lake at the mountain i heard leah calling my name. "hello leah, whats up?" "i was hoping to talk to you, i um...i have an idea and id like your help since youre so good at cutting trees." i nodded, "sure but why not ask robin?" i stopped at the steps. "its a gift for robin actually." i could tell she was lying but i didnt push her. "sure, what do you need." i saw seb from the corner of my eye heading down a different path and eavesdropping on us. "oh um...tonight my place?" i nodded and headed up as she went back down. when i got there i saw linus fishing and talking to a man with an eyepatch. he looked at me with hate. "no hes fine. i swear." linus assured him. "hi, im ren." i said with my hand out. "ren...hmm im marlon." he shook my hand and i felt the heat from his yoba bracelet. 

"huh vampire hunter in stardew?" i said angrily as i rubbed my hand and kneeled by the water to heal it, using the magic my mother taught me. "a magic user? what are you?" he spat at me. "im ren. its a pleasure to meet you...marlon." i stood and smiled softly at linus. "and how are you today linus?" he smiled back at me and apologized for his friend. he told me his wife was killed by a vampire many many years ago. i nodded and apologized for his loss. "i assure you, i dont hurt anyone with a life worth living." he looked at me confused. i explained to him i only kill those who have abused, killed, or are close to death already. he nodded thanking me for not being completely heartless, "well i guess i get it from my mom." i nodded and went across the bridge to the small island in the lake and rested in the shade. it was getting late and i headed down to meet with leah, but as i entered cindersnap i saw marlon at marnies house yelling about something i didnt care to listen. until shane came out, "you will not touch her. got it? i dont care if you think its them its not gonna happen." he showed his teeth and i went down hoping they didnt notice me. "hey! ok ready?" she came out with a axe of her own and i showed her my axe. as we headed up to the secrete woods Alex and Shane both stopped us. "what are you doing and where are you going?" shane said sternly, i smiled at the two of them. they looked like brothers when they both were serious. "we are getting some wood for a gift." i replied. "so this isnt a date?" alex said stupidly. "oh is it?" i turned to leah genuinely curious. "no! no its really not, i just needed help." she held the axe close to herself, the three of us looked at eachother then at her knowing she was lying. "welp guess it is a date. have a goodnight boys." i laughed and grabbed her hand as we headed deeper in the forest. 

*narration*

"so theyll go on a date with anyone huh."  shane said annoyed. "its cause i forced them to go on dates....otherwise they wouldnt be acting like this. i feel so stupid....i just didnt want to fall any deeper for them then i already have. i wanted them to move on..." alex said as they entered shanes house. "wait you...actually thats not surprising. wait then why didnt you just date them?" shane sounded annoyed as he put some pepper poppers in the oven. "...they are a vampire. i dont want to turn them unless they want to be turned and when i brought the subject up many years ago they got upset. they said theyd rather be killed by a vampire hunter then ever turn into a werewolf." alex put his face into his arms as he sat at the table. "i never said change them dude. why would you use that power anyway? plus ren is...amazing as they are. oh...you want a family dont you?" he said sitting down looking sad for his werewolf brother, knowing vampires and werewolves are welcome to love each other but not to have children for the sake of the child and the pain itll cause the parents. "ive thought about the best decision and it really is to just let them go....but i dont want to. shane seeing them smile with other people kills me, and seeing how they were with you...fills me with rage." he shook his head in disappointment with himself.