Chapter 4: Message & Gathering

*A/N: Eyyy chapter 4 Lezgooo*

3rd-Person POV
Piltover, USA
____________________________________________________________________________

Vi: "Tell me what you heard first." She said as the rain continued to pour. Jinx was on the backseat of the car, scrolling through her phone and staying quiet so Vi would forget she was even there.

Caitlyn: "Alright, let me just find somewhere to park." She said as she drove her expensive looking car away from the hotel's driveway and entrance.

She parked somewhere close by, on the side of the road.

Vi: "So, what'd you hear?" She asked.

Caitlyn: "Not much really. They were speaking in either english or russian."

Vi: "The taxi driver speaks russian?"

Caitlyn: "Yes, they were both fluent... He has a name, you know? It's Y/N L/N, in case you forgot."

Vi: "I don't care. He's still dangerous in my eyes. So, anything interesting when they spoke english?" She asked as she rested her elbow on the car door's arm rest.

Caitlyn let out a sigh at Vi's stubbornness. Well, Caitlyn did like that about her...

Caitlyn: "...Again, not much. We did overhear about this 'Mikhail' person being dead. Probably a friend of his..."

Vi: "Or a family member. For all we know, the taxi driver could be with the russian oligarchy... Or a member of the russian mafia..."

Caitlyn: "The russian mafia? That's impossible, they don't have any influence here."

Vi: "Maybe they're trying to expand... Well, enough about that. What else?"

Caitlyn thought for a bit as she recalled what she heard from Y/N and the other man's conversation.

Caitlyn: "...Most of it was pretty mundane. Something about the food being good... There was something about L/N having a foul mouth... Oh, there was something about that man asking L/N to do something for him. At least that's what I think judging by their later conversations. Also, it seemed like L/N didn't like the guy."

Vi: "What did the guy ask the taxi driver for?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. Caitlyn shrugged.

Caitlyn: "I don't know. Couldn't hear much because of mum and dad talking to me."

Vi crossed her arms as she began to brainstorm what could possibly be the connection between Y/N and the strange man.

Vi: "Anything else?"

Caitlyn: "...I think that was it. Oh, I might've misheard it, but I did hear something before that. It was in russian but I heard the man mention something about the 'CIA'. And whenever L/N spoke in russian, he'd mostly end his sentence with 'tohvarish mayur'. Though, I'm not quite sure, honestly."

Vi: "The CIA? Okay, now even I think that's a bit far fetched."

Caitlyn: "I did say I wasn't sure. I probably misheard it."

Vi: "Okay, so let's recap. The taxi driver-"

Caitlyn: "L/N." She interrupted Vi.

Vi: "Ugh, fine. 'L/N' came wearing a suit to an expensive hotel restaurant with another man. They both speak russian fluently. L/N calls the guy tohva-what now?"

Caitlyn: "It was 'tohvarish mayur'. I think the first word means comrade. I don't know about the second."

Vi: "So, L/N calls the man comrade and yet he doesn't like him. So there's a possibility that the man's from the military. The man probably told L/N to do something, but we're not sure. And this 'Mikhail' guy is dead. Was that it?"