Chapter 5: Out In The Dark Pt. 1

*A/N: Eyyyyy chapter 5 Lezgoooo*

Y/N POV
The Slums, Zaun, USA
____________________________________________________________________________

Pavlovich: "As you all know, all of you have come here tonight as per my request. From now onwards, all of you will be under my employment." He spoke as he eyed all of us.

His employment? What about the FSB or the CIA?

Pavlovich: "All of you will partake in operations within and outside the country under my orders. I hope you're ready for that, because from now on, you will be nothing but mercenaries, vagabonds, and nameless combatants. You can forget all about your background and who you are under my payroll."

...So we're supposed to be expendable...

Suddenly, the small blonde girl walked into the room carrying two maps. She gave it to Pavlovich as he patted her head before she went away somewhere.

Pavlovich: "...As such, tonight will be a mission and a test. To see if you're capabilities are worthy to be invested upon." He spead the maps on the table, revealing them to be maps of the mission area. "Ladies and Gents, tonight, your mission is to infiltrate a warehouse in Factorywood and retrieve a USB."

Pavlovich: "After the death of Gerhardt Bauer, one of our agents, the USB went missing, possibly stolen by enemy forces." He spoke as he pulled out a picture of Gerhardt from his coat and placed it onto the table.

Factorywood huh... An industrial area in between the Sump level (Lowest level) and the Entresol level (Middle level) of Zaun... Tons of factories and warehouses there.

The little girl went back into the room and handed everyone files on the mission. Answering the what, when, where and how. I gave her a pat on the head as she gave me my file.

I open the file and see a picture of the warehouse along with a picture of the USB. It also had some info on Gerhardt. He's 40 years old, has a wife and kids, died 12 days ago... The USB has been missing ever since...

Pavlovich: "We've recieved info that the USB is located in one of the warehouse's rooms. I want all 9 of you to go in quietly and get the USB. If you succeed, you all will be rewarded handsomely, and if anything happens..." He looked up to eye all of us. "We won't be coming back for your body. Understood?"

Everyone nodded in reply.

Pavlovich began briefing us on the mission, the number of potential hostiles, the patrols, their routines, the security camera placements, and etc. Briefing us on this operation is good and all... but since this is supposed to be a test, he told us that we didn't have anyone to watch over us. We're going in blind...

*A/N: I had to change last chapter a bit, instead of 7 being originally in the room, there's now 8. Y/N is the 9th one.*

One of the vastaya in the group raised his hand. He was around my age. He was wearing designer clothing. He had dark green hair and eyes, a medium build, and a pretty boy look on his face and was around 5'10. He was a Lhotlan vastaya. He had avian features such as feathered arms and ears. He had a green 'wing' covering his right shoulder too.

???: "What about weapons? Firearms?" He asked.

Pavlovich: "Use the ones you brought." He spoke, causing some eyes within the group to widen in surprise. "If you didn't bring any, then goodluck."

I knew it.

I made a good call with the glock. The FSB and the CIA can't afford to give out equipment to combatants they can't trust. They can't really spend money not knowing if the mission will even succeed, that's why they want to see if we're capable or not.