Chapter 10: It's A Date? Pt. 1

*A/N: Eyyy Chapter 10 Lezgoooo*

3rd-Person POV
Zaun, USA
____________________________________________________________________________

Jinx: "HAAAAAA?!?!"

She yelled out in confusion as she suddenly stood up from the living room couch.

Caitlyn: "I know, I know, it sounds crazy, but it was the only thing that I thought of that had a chance of working." She explained in an attempt to calm Jinx.

Her attempts however were of no use. Jinx was already a blushing mess, her face nearly turning as red as a tomato.

Jinx: "Y-You w-want me to go o-on a d-d-d-"

Caitlyn: "I know it's not the best idea but-"

Jinx: "A DATE!?!?" She yelled out. "A d-date with Y/N?!?!"

Vi: "It's not a date, Powder. It's police work." She said sternly. "You're gonna go out and spend some time with him and just see if he spills something, anything."

Caitlyn: "We'll bug you with a mic and all you'll have to do is talk to him. We'll be watching over you the entire time. And you can go wherever you want. You can even use my card, that way you won't have to pay for anything."

Jinx: "A boy and a girl going out together alone..." She trailed off. "...THAT IS A DATE!"

Caitlyn: "Jinx, I know this is a bit unorthodox, but this is the only way we can get him to talk. You're the only one who knows him that we can trust." She said.

Vi: "Look, Powder, you don't have to do this if you don't want to." She said with a sigh. "I know you hate this as much as I do. We won't force you."

Jinx: "Well... I didn't say I hated it..." She muttered to herself as she hesitantly sat back down. Thankfully, no one seemed to notice. "Fine, I'll do it...But, where would we go? When? I've never been on a date!"

Unfortunately, due to her rather violent past and reputation, Jinx has never had any luck in romance. Of course, there was the occasional douchebag that would flirt with her because of her money, status, or beauty, but thankfully, she could see their intentions from a mile away, allowing her to drive them off using whatever means necessary.

In simpler words, she's an NBSB.

No Boyfriend Since Birth.

As flustered as she was by the sudden proposal however, Jinx didn't really mind going out with Y/N, whether it was actually a date or not. He was a decent guy, after all. Without the whole potential criminal suspect thing, of course.

And, according to her sister, she could consider it police work. An investigation. Fishing for information.

Anyways, if she only thought of it as a mission, there would be no reason to get so nervous, right? She's practically been through hundreds of missions, fights, rift matches, so what's another?

The date itself wasn't the problem.

Sure, she became flustered considering her inexperience in romance, but the real problem was something else. More accurately, there was a whole multitude of them.

Y/N was a... strange man. He wasn't the average douchebag just trying to get into her pants. She couldn't read him. None of them could. Vi and Caitlyn had already experienced this when they interrogated him for the first time.

When Jinx and Y/N first met at the Last Drop, whenever she tried getting to know him better, he would avoid answering her questions by either changing the topic or directing the question back at her. Even when they texted, he would redirect most of her questions back at her if they seemed personal.