Chapter 8: Out In The Dark Pt. 4

*A/N: Eyy chapter 8 lezgooo.*

3rd-Person POV
Factorywood, Zaun, USA
____________________________________________________________________________

Explosions occured throughout the entire warehouse as it shook the ground, cutting off the electricity as darkness instantly enveloped the facility. Caitlyn held on tightly to the catwalk's railings so that she wouldn't fall as the explosions caused the catwalk to shake and tremor. The militia men on the ground that were fighting them had begun to retreat at the sound of the explosions. Almost instantly, fires appeared and spread from multiple points in the facility.

Jinx and Vi felt the ground rumble and shake at the sudden explosions. Suddenly, they heard the sound of metal creaking. They both looked up to see what it was, only to see the large storage racks next to them beginning to sway.

Vi: "Shit!"

Vi and Jinx ran in the same direction as the storage racks began to fall and collapse. As they ran to evade the falling storage racks, their team went the opposite way, separating them. The storage rack fell to the ground with a loud thud along with its goods as they all narrowly avoided death.

With the two sisters separated from the rest of the team, they agreed to find a separate way out. In the background, the sound of chain explosions continued until they eventually stopped, leaving only the crackling of fire to be heard.

Caitlyn was confused by the sudden explosions. The scouting SWAT members didn't find any potentially explosive material or chemicals in the warehouse before they came in. They would've reported any to her if there were, so why were explosions appearing now? The only possible answer was that there were explosives hidden throughout the warehouse on purpose.

As much as she needed to arrest the lone man for information, right now with the warehouse blowing up to kingdom come, her priority was the safety of everyone under her command.

Caitlyn: "All teams, exit the warehouse now!" She commanded everyone through her earpiece.

As she received affirmation, she began running the same direction Vi and Jinx took to head to the nearest exit, acting as their guide through the warehouse. As she ran however, she heard something snap.

The catwalk.

The catwalk's wires snapped as some parts of it had caught on fire or were weakened by the explosions. With the snap, the catwalk broke almost entirely in half as it caught Caitlyn in surprise.

'Shit!'

She felt the catwalk below her collapse as she felt herself fall, plummeting straight towards the ground. She closed her eyes in fear of what was to come as she neared the floor.

Suddenly, instead of the hard cement floor of the warehouse, she felt something cold and metallic catch her amidst her fall.

She slowly opened her eyes.

It was Vi.

Vi: "You good, Cupcake?" She spoke softly as she caught Caitlyn in her arms, carrying her in a bridal carry.

Caitlyn: "Y-Yeah...I'm fine." She spoke with a tinge of red on her cheeks as she realized Vi had caught her.

Jinx: "Could you stop being so horny while everything is burning?!" She yelled at the two as she ran past them.

Vi quickly put down Caitlyn as the three all began running towards the nearest exit. Around them, the fires had spread to the walls, the storage racks, the crates, everywhere. The facility that was once shrouded in darkness was soon enveloped with smoke and an orange hue as the fires continued to burn away the warehouse, the heat slowly becoming deadlier by the second.