Little Secret (nat x y/n)

Tw: language, accusations of cheating? Arguments

Summary: when Nat finds a bunch of little supplies she assumes the worst.

"Do you have a kid?" Natasha asked me randomly causing me to look up in shock.

"Well do you?" She asked with tears in her eyes. "Not that I know of." I tried to laugh it off. "Wait are you serious?"

Nat tilted her head at me. "Of course I'm fucking serious. You're the one who's being a dick about it! I mean I'm crying for fuck sake and you're laughing at me."

"No, hey I'm sorry." I apologised feeling guilty, I knew how hard it was for Natasha to talk about her feelings. "That was inconsiderate of me. But I promise as far as I know I don't and I'm being serious now. Why?"

Nat looked at the floor. "If you did it's okay, you can tell me. I mean we can work it out. I know I can't have kids but if you did I would like to be a part of its life, if you'd let me of course."

"Natasha I don't understand where this is coming from, but I don't have a kid if I did I would've told you." Nat still looked like she didn't believe me.

"You don't have to protect her you know?" Nat wiped her tears.

"Natasha protect who? You're scaring me."

"Maria." I heard her swallow a sob at the name. "Babe please tell me what's going on?"

"She's the mother isn't she?"

"Natasha what are you saying? I don't have a kid and even if I did it wouldn't be with Maria."

"Do you want a kid?" Nat looked up at me. "I mean I'm not set on it, I'd rather have you than a child. If it's what you want then maybe in the future sure." Nat suddenly looked angry.

"So have you just done all of this to make me want to have kids? How long have you being trying to drop hints? Do you know how much it bothers me that I can't give you a child? So what you just want to leave little reminders everywhere that I'm a monster and I will never be good enough for you?! It's messed up y/n. You're sick. I'm so done with you, have fun with Maria maybe she'll give you a fucking kid!" She stormed out.

I called Maria to see if she knew what was going on.
"Hey y/n are you alright?"

"Not really Nat's freaking out. Something about me and you and having a kid? I don't know what to do, I think she wants to break up." I feel the tears building up in my eyes. "She's probably just insecure because we've been spending more time together. Just give her some time and try and talk to her once she's calmed down."

"Can you come over?" I asked quietly. "I don't think that's a good idea."
"Please maria I really need you." Maria sighed. "I'll be there in ten minutes."

"Take your stuff and get out." Nat threw my rucksack towards me. "Nat you can't kick me out." I protested. "It's my room. I gave you a chance to fix this but you refused so go find another room, preferably on another floor. Stay in another building on another planet for all I care just stay away from me." I heard her door slam and I instantly burst in to tears.

I was too busy crying I didn't even hear Maria come in. I reached out for her and she lifted me into a hug. "I'm sorry sunshine." She placed me on her hip as I continued to cry into her shoulder.

Natasha walked back in with another bag full of my stuff to see Maria swaying me gently as I sucked my thumb sobbing on her t-shirt. Nat looked at me then at the rucksack. "Are they...?" She asked Maria who nodded. Maria saw Nat's face fall.

"Natasha can you pass me the thing from that pocket." Maria pointed to the side compartment of my bag. "Yeah." Natasha pulled out my pacifier and gave it to Maria. "Here you go sunshine." She offered it to me but I shook my head. "Well your fingers are yucky so it's either the pacifier or nothing." I took my thumb out of my mouth allowing her to give me the pacifier.

"I'm sorry Maria, when you gave me the bag yesterday I looked inside it and saw baby stuff. Then I found things in mine and y/n's rooms I assumed you either had a child together or they were hiding them on purpose to- I just assumed and I shouldn't have."

"It's alright, I promise I never wanted to keep secrets or make you feel like this. I just couldn't tell you about y/n until they felt comfortable but I can assure you there is nothing romantic going on between me and y/n. They just needed a caregiver and I didn't have a little so they stayed with me when they were regressed. That's why they slept over at my house and why I brought back a bag of baby things."

"Well thank you for taking care of them, if I knew I would never have put either of you through this and I'm sorry y/n. I did not mean to get angry at you and I still love you, if you like you can stay with me again or if you prefer Maria I understand."

You smiled reaching out for Nat, "mommy." Nat instantly smiled taking you off the shield agent. "They've waited months to say that." Maria smiled Nat gave her a confused look. "They drew a picture of you and them and they wrote mommy under it but they were too scared to tell you about their little space."

"I'm mommy?" Nat asked looking at you with happy tears. "Mommy!" You clapped. "I'm your mommy." Nat beamed kissing your head. "What about you?" Nat looked at Maria. "I mean you have taken care of them the longest I'd hate to overstep."

"No, no I'll always be auntie Maria. At least to this little cutie pie, I don't have my own little yet. I agreed I'd babysit y/n until they found their mommy and now they have. But I would like to stay auntie Maria if that's alright with you?"

Nat smiled. "Of course. You are the best auntie and I bet you would be an even better mommy." Maria smiled back.

"Mommy can Maria s'ay wiv us for bit?" I asked giving her my best pout. "I don't know you'd have to ask auntie Maria."

"Pwease?" Maria chuckled nodding. "I would love to."

Let's just say that day the three of you spent the day watching movies and playing with toys, Nat finding out all about your little side. And none of you wanted it any other way.