🏳️‍⚧️You'll always be my baby boy🏳️‍⚧️ (Nat x little y/n)

summary: y/n gets a nasty visit from his parents and Nat has to comfort him.

TW: transphobic parents, implied deadnaming, age regression, arguing, bad parents, trauma, misgendering.

(1k words)

"Mom? Dad?" I asked staring at parents stood in front of me. "Are you going to let us in or what?" My dad asked harshly. "Yes, sorry come in." I took a step to the side to allow them to walk in. "Hey Nat? My parents are here." Nat rushed out. "Hi mr and Mrs l/n." She smiled taking their coats.

"What are you guys here for?" I asked nervously. "What we can't come and visit our favourite daughter?" My mother asked harshly, I wanted to correct her but I knew better than to 'disrespect my elders'.

"Of course you can we just weren't expecting you." My dad smiled. "Well we heard you are doing well in your job and although it is not very ladylike to be fighting, no offence Natasha, I'm glad you have found something to succeed in." My mother nodded. "Yes I will admit I was concerned about you for a while all that toy trucks and boy clothes nonsense. I mean you clearly haven't changed much in that department." She gestured to my oversized hoodie and basketball shorts.

"What we mean is we are happy that you are making a name for yourself." My dad smiled. "Thank you father, that means a lot." My mother frowned, "although why did you have to give them a fake name? The one we gave you was perfect for our little girl." Nat placed her hand on my shoulder trying to calm me down.

"It's not fake mother I changed it, I've told you this before. And as much as you like to think I am I'm not your daughter. I'm Y/n Romanoff."

"Let's not speak of that, we promised this would be a nice visit." My father  glanced at my mother who sighed. "What happened to you? You used to be our happy little girl." I felt myself want to explode.

"Do you know what happened, you two made me hate myself." They looked at me stunned. "I tried to tell you. I tried." I could feel tears running down my cheeks. "But you didn't care how I felt you just wanted a perfect little girl to look good in front of your friends." My father stood up with an angry look.

"Whenever I was comfortable in my clothes or playing with my trucks and cars you had to ruin it. With all your dirty looks and mean comments the only time you ever showed me love or complimented me was when I was in a flowy dress or had a Barbie in my hand. I felt like I had to be a girl just to feel loved so I put on a fake smile until I couldn't smile anymore.  All the times I stared in the mirror pointing out every single thing that I hated about myself. Knowing I would never be good enough for you. I'm tired of it. I'm finally allowing myself to be who I want. Because I'm sick of bending to your stupid expectations and I hate you for making me. You never respected me. You never even loved me!" I burst into tears soon feeling Nat lift me into her arms. She didn't say anything but just carried me out of the room.

"Hey buddy can you look at me?" I took my head out of her neck and saw we were in the kitchen. "Hey my little prince." Nat smiled at me wiping my tears. "You are so brave do you know that?" I shook my head. "Yes you are, your are my strong baby boy." I frowned. "Wan dem to go." I pointed towards the living room. "Mama will tell them, come on, do you want up or hold my hand?" I did grabby hands for Nat so she carried me to my parents.

"Have you come to apologise?" My mother smiled not even looking at me. "No he hasn't and he won't be any time soon. You both need to leave." My mother scoffed. "I think she can speak for herself."

"No he can't and he doesn't want to." It was only then they looked at me. "Why are you holding her she's not a baby she can stand you know." Nat frowned. "Thanks to your parenting and all the trauma you've dumped on him yes he is, he's a little. He's my baby and I'm not going to let you disrespect him."

"I don't care I will speak to my child how I like. You are clearly the cause of all of this because things were okay until you came around. So I suggest you put down my daughter so we can have a conversation." She went to speak to me when Nat stopped her. "Don't say that name in my house. His name is y/n." My mother scoffed. "Honey we're leaving that is not mine anymore." My father shook his head at her and followed her out.

"I'm so sorry baby." Nat whispered running her hands through my hair. "I'm so sorry you didn't deserve any of that." I clutched the back of her shirt. "I'm here buddy they're gone now it's just me and you." I pulled my head out from her shoulder. "Mama?" She nodded. "Yes baby, it's just you and mama." I felt her hand circling my back.

"How about we get you in the bath then we put on your Dino pjs and watch cartoons till sleepy time." I nodded allowing her to carry me to the bathroom after my bubble bath with extra toys she put me in my favourite onesie and carried me to the living room. "Watch do you want to watch?" Nat asked already knowing the answer. I gave her a smile and she instantly put on my favourite cartoon.

"I don't want you to listen to them okay? You will always be y/n romanoff, you'll always be my baby boy." Nat whispered in my ear before kissing my cheek. "Otay mama." She smiled. "Good boy, I love you." I smiled back even wider. "I lu you more mama tanks fo savin' me." I said giving her a hug. "I will always protect my little prince." She kissed my forehead this time before pulling me into her arms where I soon fell asleep.