It's not enough (wandanat x little y/n)

This is a request from tumblr that I decided to post on here.

Its kinda angsty though so yeah...

Warnings: breakups, separation, arguing?

Sumarry: Nat and wanda break up leaving a little y/n stuck in the middle."

"Hey babe, I'm back." Nat announced placing her keys down on the table, leaning on it with a sigh. She was exhausted, she had barely slept in weeks, just throwing herself into her work. It became so extreme that her body and her relationships were beginning to suffer.

"Hey." Wanda watched from the doorway as the russian straightened up and limped over to her. "Hi my love." Nat let out a hiss of pain before placing a kiss on her girlfriend's cheek. "Sit down, let me take a look." Wanda said firmly, visibly agitated by the woman's state. "You know I can fix myself up, I can take care of myself." Nat chuckled, however Wanda didn't find it funny.

"Clearly you can't, this is the third time this week you've come home like this." Wanda guided Natasha down to a seat before pulling the first aid kit closer. "I can't keep doing this Natasha."

"You don't have to, I told you I've got it covered."

"I mean it Nat. I can't do this anymore." Wanda whispered, her eyes filling with tears. Nat looked at her in disbelief. "What- What do you mean?"

Wanda took a shaky breath, dabbing the Russian's wound. "It's not fair on me and it's not fair on y/n. Youre hardly home anymore and when you are you're in bed curled up in pain. It hurts me Natasha." Nat's eyes began to water as she watched a single tear roll down her lovers cheek.

"It hurts me to not see you for days at a time. To tell y/n that their mama isn't coming home for dinner or bath time, that you wont be there to read a story or hold them when they have a nightmare. I have to break their heart everyday and hear them cry into their pillow knowing theres nothing I can do to bring you home."

"Babe, I love you, I love our family. I will take some time off, I will reduce my hours... I'll do anything please don't say it." Wanda stood up, turning away from the redhead. "I wanna break up. I can't deal with it anymore." Nat felt her heart break into a million pieces. "No no you don't mean that." Nat stood up taking Wandas hand from behind. "Give me a chance please. I will do whatever it takes." "I can't ask you to do it. That job means everything to you, I don't want you to gove that up for me but it's the only way I can carry on with us." Wanda said quietly, pulling away from the spy.

"Come on there must be another way we can work it out. I love you and y/n so much and you love us too. That has to mean something." Wanda nodded in agreement.

"It does, but its not enough. Loving you isn't enough to heal the pain i feel when I wonder if you are gonna come home. Or the pain in my stomach I get when the phone rings and I prepare myself to hear the worst news I could think of. It's not enough anymore."

Nat nodded slightly, the tears still falling off her face that she didn't even bother to wipe away. She didnt know if she'd ever experienced such emotional pain or if she had ever cried as hard as she did in that moment. "I'll go get my stuff." She said trying to hide her voice breaking in the middle but the sokovian still heard it and it made her stomach turn.

"No mama dont go." Both of them turned to see you clutching your stuffed animal under your arm.

"Hey baby." Nat dried her face before walking over to you. "Mama pease *stuffies name* doesn wan you to go."

"I know baby but it's gonna be okay, you still have mommy and... I am only a phone call away. So if any of you ever need me. I will always be here to protect you." She smiled looking between both you and Wanda.

You let out a sob, throwing yourself into the Russian's arms. "Mama." You cried into her neck as she held you tight, ignoring the pain in her side. "Mama's got you little one, I've got you baby."

Nat stayed hugging you for a while before pulling away, "I will see you soon, I promise. Mommy will look after you tonight but I will call you before bed for a bedtime story. How does that sound?" You looked at your mommy who was avoiding Natasha's eyes.

"Come on baby." Wanda swallowed,  taking your hand and pulling you towards her... and away from your mama

Nat grabbed her bags and blew you a kiss before leaving. "I love you dorogoy!" She smiled, peeking her head out from behind the door.

"It's going to be okay love." Wand asmiled down at you but you pulled your hand away. "Is not otay! You made her weave. Dis is all your faults!" You shouted before leaving, taking your stuffed animal with you.

Wanda flopped down onto the couch before sobbing into her hands. She allowed herself a few moments to feel before she straightened herself out and went to speak to you.

"Y/n can I come in?" Wanda asked knocking on the door twice. You didn't respond but the witch entered anyway. "You know we love you right? We always will no matter what me and your mama are going through, I promise it will be okay."

You felt a kiss land on your forehead before the sokovian retreated back to the living room.

You pulled the blankets up higher so they covered your face, you wanted to hide. Maybe if you wished hard enough when you lifted the blanket Wanda and Nat would be there smiling at you lovingly and this would turn out to be a bad dream. Maybe they could stay together.

Maybe it was enough.