Chapter 4 Welcome To Our Dream Island

Leafy and Firey made their way onto dry land. The island wasn't really that big, but it was a decent sized chunk of land. Leafy and Firey left their boat and tied it to a tree not far from the shore line.

"I guess we should explore the island to make sure it is safe and secure before we do anything.", said Firey. "I agree, let's do it.", said Leafy.

The whole day was dedicated to exploring the island. There were trees along with some bushes and vegetation. There were some coconuts and palm trees. There were even some trees with bananas and berry bushes. There was a clearing in the center of the island; perfect for building a wooden hut to live and sleep in.

There was also a small mountain towards the end of the island. It seemed to be an extinct volcano that settled down and never erupted again way back in the past. Leafy and Firey smiled at each other.

"Leafy, I think we found our Dream Island.", he said, happily.

"Yes, Firey, we sure have.", she said as she patted Firey's back fast before she could burn herself.

Soon, they started to get right to work.

*******************

Leafy grabbed some supplies from the boat to make tools out of rocks, wood, and even some coconut shells. Firey grabbed the tools that were already in the boat and started to gather wood to create wood planks.

Using nails in the boat from Yellow Face's Warehouse, Leafy grabbed a hammer and started to nail the nails into the wood planks to make their hut. Using vines and fiber from the coconuts, Leafy and Firey made rope by interweaving the strands together.

Afterwards, the rope was used to make fish nets and traps and to tie up the supports of the hut, as well as the steps leading to the hut's entrance.

The duo occasionally took breaks, to eat, sleep, and for a bathroom trip.

After a few days of working and building, the hut was complete. Firey and Leafy gave each other a high- five.

*******************

Firey and Leafy then went over to the sea to catch some fish to cook and eat. They were starving. They hadn't eaten much except for rationed food snacks and berries.

The coconuts were used as fresh water sources. And the meat inside was to be cooked along with the fish. Bananas were picked and placed in a pile along the berries picked. Firey created a fire pit by digging out a small, round hole and placing a ring of stones around it. Grabbing some wood scraps and leaves, he placed in the hole and used his fire to ignite the pit.

Soon, the fire was roaring.

********************

Leafy returned with several fish hanging down from the traps she was carrying. Dinner was served!

********************

After a while, the fish were cooked along with the meat from the coconuts. Firey and Leafy had a huge feast.

*mouth full* "Oh, this is so good! I never ate this much food before.", said Firey as he ate with a full mouth.

Leafy held back a giggle. "I am enjoying the food. This is great! I am just so glad I am with you, Fire-man, after everything I am just so happy we are together and having our lives to live without the stress of a competition or anything keeping us down.", she said.

Firey nodded with a smile. "I agree, Leafy.", he said as he swallowed with an audible gulp.

After dinner, Firey and Leafy carried their supplies, tools, and belongings to the hut. Once inside, Firey and Leafy began to build their beds and other furniture. They were settling in, nicely.

"Oh, I think I ate quite a bit. But, I am OK.", said Firey as he belched loudly. "Excuse me.", he said while blushing. He felt quite embarrassed burping in front of Leafy. Leafy looked over and nodded in understanding. "Ah, I am just glad we managed to eat a good meal. We haven't had a good meal in a long time. And don't feel embarrassed by burping, I have done louder burps than that.", she said, smugly.

"Ah, you are such an understanding friend. And you are right, it has been a long time since we have had a good meal. I guess we just need to get used to eating larger portions of food, rather than eating little loaves of bread and cake and berries.", he said in reply.

As time went on, Firey and Leafy made beds. The beds had no sheets on them but neither of them minded. They were just happy that they had places to sleep.

The duo moved in their belongings to their respective rooms, the rooms themselves being separated by a small curtain for privacy reasons. Soon, it was time to sleep and turn in for the night.

"Good night, Firey."

"Good night, Leafy."