Chapter 16 Welcome to the Club

The storm lasted for a half an hour. But, it felt like it lasted for a half a century. Leafy and Firey and the little animal were left uninjured and were OK for the most part.

The hut, on the other hand, was not that good. While it still standing and mostly OK, the roof was damaged and there were some missing planks from the walls. There was also a small flood of water under their feet.

It really didn't matter. They could fix a hut.

But what they couldn't fix, was a damaged life.

As Leafy and Firey recovered and started to get to work, the little critter was placed on Firey's bed and was fed some fruit from the back room where the fireplace was.

"Are you OK, little one?", Leafy asked in concern for the little animal.

"Yes, I am fine. I just got scared and I didn't know what to do.", she replied.

Firey then cut in. "Do you have a family? We can return you to them once we are done here.", he offered, kindly.

"No, I don't. I lost my family to the sea not long before I found you guys. I was calling for help from you guys so I could finally get rescued not just from the storm, but from being alone, as well.", she explained.

Firey and Leafy felt sorry for the little animal.

"What's your name, little one?", Leafy asked.

"My name is Lulamoon. You can call me Lulu, for short.", she replied.

"Well, I am Firey and this is my best friend, Leafy. We live here and if you want you can live with us, as well, if you want to, of course.", Firey offered.

"Really?! You would do that for me?!", Lulu exclaimed. "Yes, we would.", Leafy replied with a smile.

"Then, yes, I will stay with you two. I always wanted a new family.", Lulu said happily.

"Then, Welcome to the Club!", Firey announced.

Lulu jumped up and down in excitement.

Leafy and Firey laughed along and were happy! They had a new friend and pet!