Chapter 18 Leafy's Sick Day

*Achoo!!!!!*

Leafy sneezed and coughed as she woke up and tried to get up out of bed.

But, try as she might, she couldn't. She felt terrible. She had a terrible headache and her throat was very itchy and scratchy. Her nose was stuffed up and she was very pale.

Firey and Lulu looked at Leafy and worry crossed their faces.

"Hey, Leafy, are you OK? You don't look so good.", Firey asked. Lulu shook her head.

"No, I feel like I'm sick. *cough* *cough* I don't feel well at all. *sneeze*", Leafy replied.

"When I didn't feel well, my mommy would give me a hug; it always made me feel better.", said Lulu.

Firey and Leafy couldn't help but smile at Lulu and her innocence.

"I would like a hug; that would be nice.", said Leafy. Lulu came up and hugged Leafy as much as she could considering Leafy was way bigger than she was.

"Do you feel better now?", Lulu asked. "Yes, I do, even though I am still sick, I do feel better. Thank you, Lulu.", Leafy replied.

Lulu smiled warmly and nodded.

Firey cut in. "I know a good remedy for this illness. You need a big bowl of soup. That will make you feel better. We, also, have some medicine so you can get better, as well.", Firey explained.

Leafy nodded in agreement."Sounds good, Firey. I don't want to be sick anymore. *sneeze*"

Firey and Lulu went outside to the fire pit. They both worked together to gather wood and leaves to build the fire and get it up and running.

Next, Firey went to the kitchen in the hut and grabbed ingredients and a saucepan to make the soup for Leafy. Firey knew that Leafy would like a nice, beef stew as that was her favorite. So, with that in mind, he went out and went right to work, hoping to cure his best friend of her illness.

Lulu went inside as Firey was cooking to check on Leafy. Leafy looked terrible.

She was pale in the face, she was sweating profusely, her eyes were glossy, she was shaking and shivering, and numerous tissues were surrounding her.

Lulu felt terrible.

"What can I do to help?", she asked.

Leafy looked over and saw Lulu. She smiled weakly. "*hoarse voice* Hey, Lulu. *cough* I am doing OK. But, can you go and get a thermometer? There should be one on the counter in the kitchen."

Lulu nodded and went into the kitchen and she saw it laying down on the counter. She grabbed it and went back to Leafy.

"Here, you need this.", she said.

Leafy took the thermometer and placed it under her tongue. The reading was alarming. Poor Leafy was concerned.

102° F.

Leafy looked over at Lulu. "I don't think I will get rid of this sickness without Firey.", she said, sadly. Lulu frowned. "It is OK, Leafy. Firey is outside right now and he is making the soup. You will feel better soon.", Lulu stated.

****************

Meanwhile, Firey was making the soup and brought it to a boil.

"I hope Leafy will get better with this soup. She really needs a break from everything that has happened to her up until this point.", he said to himself as he was lost in thought and worry over Leafy.

Truth be told, Firey was well aware of Leafy and her suffering since things settled down between them. Firey felt so bad for Leafy and wanted her to be happy again alongside him and living together on the Dream Island that they were meant to do for so long.

"Don't worry, Leafy. I got you, girl.", he said.

***************

Later, Firey came through the door with a wooden bowl of hot soup and some medicine in his hands.

"Here, Leafy.", he said as he entered Leafy's half of the room. "I hope you feel better.", he added.

Firey gave the food and medicine to Leafy. Leafy took the medicine and began to eat the soup by slurping it up.

The soup tasted really good! So good, in fact, that Leafy continued to slurp it up, noisily and with loud gulps without stopping.

Soup and drool fell down her cheeks as she continued to slurp up the soup, creating a mess. Firey grabbed some tissues and wiped up the floor as Leafy spilled. 

Leafy looked at Firey with a guilty look but continued to eat as Firey made a "Never mind" gesture with his hand.

Leafy eventually finished and set the bowl down and wiped her lips. She grabbed some tissues and blew her nose.

"Do you feel better, Leafy?", asked Firey as he picked the bowl. Leafy nodded.

"Yes, Firey, it was so good! Thank you for making me my favorite soup. You are a wonderful best friend.", she said. Firey smiled and blushed as he rubbed the back of his neck, bashfully.

"You're welcome, Leafy. I am just glad you are feeling better.", he replied.

Lulu jumped up and down in excitement. "I am happy that you are better, too, Leafy.", she added.

Leafy smiled. "Thank you, Lulu."

The rest of the day, Leafy rested on her bed and made a full recovery. While Firey and Lulu watched over her and took care of her, like the good friends that they were.