Chapter 5 Taking Charge

The next day came and Leafy and Firey woke up to the sun shining through the windows of their hut. Leafy looked around and yawned. She also stretched and got up from her bed.

"Good morning, Firey!", she said.

Firey got up and yawned and stretched. "Good morning, Leafy. Sleep well?", he asked. "Yes, I did.", she replied.

After finishing their morning routine, Leafy took out her phone and saw that it was running low on battery power. This was not good.

"Oh, no, what do I do? My phone is going to die!", she said to Firey as she showed him the phone.

Firey looked at the phone and frowned. "Oh, man, my phone is also running low, too. We need to find a way to charge our phones, and quick!", he said.

Firey looked around the island, looking for a way to charge his and Leafy's cell phones. As time went on, the phones' power was getting more and more drained and powerless. "Oh, my spark! What do I do? I don't know how to charge up our phones without electricity and we don't have that here.", he said to himself.

Meanwhile, Leafy grabbed water to drink from a discarded coconut. She enjoyed the fresh water to drink. Using a fish trap, she went by the water to catch some fish for lunch. Seeing some lobsters nearby, she decided to grab them and eat them, too.

After grabbing everything, she made her way to the fire pit and used a fire torch that was left burning all night to light the fire.

Leafy also looked at the sky. It didn't look good at all. The sky was turning gray with clouds and the winds were slowly picking up. Leafy was concerned.

"This doesn't look good. I should go and warn Firey.", she said to herself.

However, she didn't need to as Firey came running back with the cell phones in hand. He was panting and trying to catch his breath.

"Leafy, *pant* the phones *pant* *wheeze* are... dead. I can't *pant* *pant* charge the phones.", he said as he struggled to get fresh air to fill his lungs.

"It is OK, Firey, we will figure something out, but, I think we got bigger problems, there is a storm coming and we need to prepare for it.", she replied with worry.

Firey looked up and saw that Leafy was right. The storm was coming and was getting closer and closer with each passing second. "Leafy, we gotta put out this fire and cook our food in the hut, don't worry, I placed a fire place near the back of the hut and I placed a cover over the chimney so the rain doesn't extinguish the fire, but left enough space for the smoke to escape.", he explained. "OK, Firey, let's go. And bring the cell phones, too. Everything must be brought inside.", she said.

So, the duo grabbed everything they had and placed a cover over their boat and placed covers over the windows of their hut as there was no glass on the windows. They went inside after putting out the fire and carried everything they had with them into the main room of the hut.

After sealing everything shut and making sure there were no leaks, they made their way towards the back of the hut where the fire place was. Using his fire, Firey lit it up and before long, Firey and Leafy were cooking and eating their food as a feast.

"I will never get over how delicious this food is, Fire-man, it is so good.", she said. Suddenly, Leafy belched loudly. "Excuse me.", she said. Firey was surprised. "Wow, you were not kidding when you said your burps were a lot louder than mine.", he said.

Leafy smirked smugly. "I grew up being mostly around boys, so I picked up a thing or two.", she said, smugly. Firey shook his head and smiled. "Leafster, that was so bad.", he said as he giggled and punched Leafy softly in the arm, good-naturedly. "Ahh!", Leafy exclaimed, smiling and laughing.

However, this cute moment was interrupted by a huge crack of thunder.

"Whoa, that was something!", Firey exclaimed.

Leafy nodded and went over toward a window and pulled back the cover a bit. "Oh my tree, Firey, you better take a look at this.", she said. Firey walked over and peered out the window.

"Oh. My. Spark."

Rain was falling down hard, lightning struck the sky and thunder crashed and banged so loud that Leafy and Firey had no choice but to cover their ears. Leafy winced.

"Ow, that was painful to my ears.", said Leafy. "Are you OK?", he asked. "Yeah, now.", Leafy replied as she rubbed her aching ears. 

But, the fun was just getting started.

The lightning struck down and hit the trees outside the hut. The lightning was coming towards the hut! And Leafy and Firey were inside.

"Leafy, duck!!!!", Firey shouted.

But, it was too late. The lightning struck through the roof and zapped Leafy, Firey, the food, and the cell phones!!!!!!!! Luckily, the pouring rain managed to extinguish any sparks that could cause a fire to the hut and Firey got out of the way of the rain just in time.

But they both were badly hurt.

"Are you OK, Firey?", asked Leafy. Firey nodded. "Yes, I am fine.", he replied, weakly.

Leafy slowly got up and limped over towards the fire place and Firey followed suit. Firey grabbed a Yoyleberry and munched on it. He turned into metal. He grabbed Leafy's hand and gently set her down to examine her injuries.

Luckily, other than bad pain, Leafy was OK overall, just got burned and had some burn marks on her face and arms.

"Here, let me help you. My injuries are fine because I am now metal, but, you need some help.", said Firey.

"It is OK, Firey, I will just eat a Yoyleberry and I will be fine, too.", said Leafy.

"No, Leafy, you are a LEAF, not a fire guy like me, I can easily shake off these kind of things whether I am metal or not, you can't, even if you were to turn metal because of how your injuries will stay with you because of how you're a leaf. Now, let me take care of you.", Firey said in a serious tone.

Leafy sighed and nodded. She knew she couldn't argue with Firey. Firey grabbed the first-aid kit.

He, soon, got to work.

********************

Later, Leafy was all patched up and bandaged. She felt better.

Then, Leafy noticed that the cell phones were scorched and she went over to them.

Firey was surprised. "Holy smokes!", he exclaimed.

The cell phones were all charged up because of the lightning blast. They were charged up 10,000,000 percent!!!!!!!!!

"That's a whole lot of percents.", Leafy remarked. Firey nodded, "A lot and a lot of percents. I have never seen this before.", Firey explained.

"I guess, even the most harrowing problems can be solved with the most surprising solution.", Leafy added. Firey nodded in agreement. "I can see that.", he said.

At the end of their lunch, the storm ended and their was a small flood in the hut.

"I guess we got some work to do, Firey."

"Yes, yes we do. Let's get started."