The Business Prank

-Logan Ellis-

November 23, 2026
8:30 pm
Emett District Subdivision, Ireal City

"No, I can't go," I replied to the person through the call. "Gonna assist an aquaintance for his work."

I lied down my bed and massaged my temple. Austin, whom I didn't see for days was the one on the call. Pagkatapos kong marinig ang pagbuga niya ng hangin sa kabila ng tawag, nagawa ko na lamang na umungot.

"Stop that style to grab my conscience, babawi ako sa susunod. Just spend your day with your Sophia. She'll surely, won't refuse," I added with a laugh to the point that my parents will suspect me flirting because of my tone.

"What style? Hindi naman kita pinipilit pero kung magdadalawang-isip ka, magkita-kita na lang tayo sa Kiran Street, bandang ala-una bukas," Austin replied and I was the one who sighed after that. My decision's final and that was to not attend but with his innocent words that could convince me, maybe I will go. Kidding, I wouldn't.

Hindi na kami gaanong nagkakasama ng nga kaibigan ko. Especially that Austin's my first and closest friend among them. I oftentimes see Emery whenever she and her brother came by our automobile shop.

That's a good thing fate kept on giving for me, I could be able to spend some time with Emery but his brother always become the most bothersome and irritating human among the human race. Pft.

"I don't know what to say but expect my absence tomorrow." I even shrugged by myself. "It's not my fault that you'll end up getting disappointed if you see no shadow of mine at the street."

I smirked. "Why don't you just solo your happy times with your girlfriend? Isn't she enough? You see, palagi kayong magkasama tapos maghahanap ka pa ng ibang kasama? Laugh my ass off Austin!"

He gave me a "huh" like he's clueless. Look, who took my joke seriously? Who understood my joke? He's slow sometimes, kawawa naman.

"What are you saying?" He added a chuckle. See? He didn't get it. I sat down and leaned my back behind. "Come on, sawa ka nang kasama si Sophia?"

"That will never happen. I always wait for every next day to see her. Besides, si Sophy ang nagre-request ng reunion nating lahat." Oh, I see. Your Sophy's the mastermind for reunion stuffs. Anyway, I couldn't disagree why he's being like this to his girlfriend. If I were Austin, I wouldn't let go off Sophia anymore.

But if I have Emery, I won't dream for Sophia. What were you saying, Logan-dude? That sounded offensive for girls, shut up.

"Oh, okay. Sabihin mong next time mangyayari 'yon. Hindi muna ngayon," sagot ko kay Austin.

"Roger, Logan!"

"Isa pa, gusto ko rin talaga kayong pumunta bukas kasi may ipakikilala ako," he added and my brows creased out of his words. "What's with the suspensing statement for, dude? Sino?!"

"She's Luciana Antonio." Babae? A woman? A girl? Seriously?

Oh, no, no.

"Fired up already? Dahil babae ba?"

I twitched my lips when the dude joked. "Seriously? Lame, girl? Oh, no, no."

"That's why you're single!" sabi niya sabay tawa kaya nakitawa na lamang ako pero sana alam niyang tawa ng pagka-irita 'yon. "Saan mo ba nahanap 'yang ipakikilala mo?"

"I'll tell you if we ever cross our paths again," he said so I complained like a kid. What's with his another suspensing response again?!

"So, gusto mong makilala?"

"Siyempre, oo!"

He chuckled. "Kapag magkikita tayo." I glared at nowhere but I was imagining Austin's innocent but sometimes-irritating-face.

Saving Austinजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें