~ten~

She was out of breath.

She needed to get away from the gym.

That was without doubt the most reckless and at the same time most kick-ass thing she had ever done.

She didn't know whether to scream in frustration or to scream in ecstasy.

"Skye," She heard someone call from behind her.

She turned to see Maia Donovan, an extremely bubbly photographer for the school paper who was her only sort-of-friend in this school.

She turned to face Maia, "Maia, hey."

She raised her eyebrow at Skye, "Wanna tell me why last night Sebastian texted me to ask me whether I knew if you were ignoring him? What's going on, Skye? You guys never fight."

Skye sighed, "It's complicated."

Maia leaned against the lockers, "I've got the time."

She sighed and knew there was no getting out of this one.

She reluctantly explained about how she'd gone over to Bash's house and overheard the conversation between Ashley and her former best friend. At the end, Maia looked positively livid.

"That grasshole!" She shrieked.

Skye cracked a smile. Maia had a strict no swearing policy and sometimes the insults she came up with were really amusing.

"Just, don't tell him or anything." Skye said awkwardly.

Maia nodded, "Of course. I don't like getting involved in other people's business anyway."

Skye smiled, "Thanks." She muttered.

Maia's face suddenly brightened, "Since you left the cheerleaders, does that mean you'll eat with us now?"

Maia knew that Skye didn't like sitting with the cheerleaders and jocks. She kept pestering her to sit with the newspaper crew but Skye kept declining.

Skye gave Maia a sheepish look, "I sort of promised Marcus and Isobel that I'd sit with them."

Maia pouted, "Aw, alright. I'm glad you're making friends, Skye." She said sincerely.

"Wanna walk to class together?" Skye asked, because they both had first block English, and Maia was great company to have around.

Maia brightened up, "Sure! I just need to get some stuff from my locker."

Skye smiled, "Lead the way."