~sixteen~

Skye was quiet throughout lunch.

She wondered if telling Marcus about her dad was the right thing to do.

She could trust him, she decided.

The thought of her father made her want to curl up into a ball and cry.

Isobel, however was bursting with excitement and it didn't feel right to her that Skye wasn't sharing her excitement.

So she gave Skye a rather violent jab at the ribs, making Skye yelp in pain and jump a foot in the air, snapping her out of her reverie.

"Ouch," She muttered, rubbing her side, "What?" She asked, glaring at Isobel.

Isobel ignored her look.

"We were talking about the play. Can to enlighten us about what you think?"

Suddenly all eyes were on her.

"Um." Was all she got out.

"The Merchant of Venice is her favorite," Marcus cut in, saving her from the embarrassment. "She practically knows the whole book by heart."

This seems to cheer Isobel up, "Oh my god, that's perfect! You have to try out for Portia!"

Skye looked unsure, 'What about you? Don't you want to try out for Portia?"

"Nah," Isobel shook her head, "Trevor and I," She said, nudging the boy next to her, "We're going to try out for Jessica and Lorenzo. The actual star crossed lovers." She had a dreamy look in her eyes when she said that and the boy sitting next to her put his arm around her and pecked her forehead, looking at her as if she was the most important person in his world.

She wished somebody would look at her that way.

"Come on," Isobel pulled her towards the cafeteria exit.

"Where are we going?" She grumbled, trying to free herself from her friend's iron grip.

"We're going to write our names in." Isobel told her, using her 'duh' tone.

Skye rolled her eyes, "I don't remember agreeing to this."

"You have no choice." Isobel informed her as they reached the sign up sheet.

She pulled out her name and scrawled her name onto an already forming list.

As she handed the pen to Skye and Skye went to write her name in, she couldn't help but notice the second name on the list.

Sebastian Taylor.