~twenty seven~

He had Physics in the second block on Fridays.

She wasn't ashamed of the fact that she had memorized his schedule, because she knew he'd done the same with hers.

Her best friend loved her.

It all made sense now.

She felt like the black hole in her head had cleared up and she could finally see the truth.

The weirdly awesome truth.

The door to the Physics class was open but the only known face she found was Oliver, who was giving her a wtf look.

Where's Bash? She tried to use signs to ask him, flailing her hands like a madman, making him crack a grin.

Not here. He mouthed and her heart sank.

She nodded, so he hadn't come to school.

She felt a pang of guilt as she got into her car and started the drive to Ruby's. She had been the cause for his sadness, his pain, and she wanted to amend that as soon as possible.

Rush hour at Ruby's was over, because everyone who had come to the diner in the morning were where they were supposed to be, at school, or work, or at home.

Except her, and Bash.

But they would soon be.

She barged into Ruby's. "Where is he?" She asked urgently, "Is he still there?"

Ruby shook her head, giving her a sad look.

"He left a while ago. Didn't go to school though. Headed in the opposite direction."

The opposite direction.

Suddenly, Skye knew where to go.

"Thank you, Ruby." She gave the old lady a kiss on the cheek and ran out of there as fast as she could, back into her car.

The road was narrow, and was soon going to become a dirt road, because it headed into the woods.

She parked her car where the road ended, and ran up the dirt road.

The trees were thick and tall, until she came to a clearing by a waterhole.

Bash's favorite place.

She could see a silhouette of a man standing with his hands in his pockets, his back towards her.

"Bash."