~seventeen~

Sorry for not updating today morning, I had SAT classes.

Skye hadn't even closed the door to her house behind her when her mother called her, "Skye, come to the kitchen for a bit. I need to talk to you."

She was immediately suspicious.

What did her mother want to talk to her about?

Was it about Bash?

"Yes, mom?" She said as she walked into the kitchen.

Immediately her gaze fell on a crumpled envelope and piece of paper lying on the table.

"Why do you have that?" She asked, her voice suddenly shaky.

"I found it in the bin."

"That's because I threw it!"

Her mother gave her a disapproving look, "We have to talk about this, sweetheart."

"No we don't!" Skye was livid now, "We don't have to to talk about it because I threw it in the bin!"

Her mother frowned, "Don't yell."

Skye reached for the letter, "Give me that. You had no right to read it."

When she looked at her, her mother's eyes were sad, "Is that really how you feel?"

When Skye said nothing, she continued, "Honey, you're finally writing to him. That's great news! Why didn't you send it?"

"I couldn't." Skye whispered as she grabbed the letter and walked out, running up the stairs two at a time.

"Your father doesn't deserve this," Her mother yelled from the kitchen, "He loves you."

That's the last thing she heard before she slammed her bedroom door shut.