~fifteen~

"So," Marcus said as they walked to the cafeteria, "Merchant of Venice. Gonna try out for Portia?"

Skye bit her lip, "I don't know. Maybe I should try out for something less complex. This is my first time acting, you know."

Marcus shrugged, "You'll be great.When in doubt, just remember, you're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."

She grinned, "Did you just quote Winnie the Pooh?"

Two very evident pink spots appeared on his cheeks, "Pish, no..."

Skye just shook her head, "What about you, going for Bassanio?"

Marcus snorted, "Him? Never in a thousand lifetimes. The only person worth going for is Shylock."

Skye pondered over it, "Hm, yeah, you'd make a great villain."

Marcus smirked, "Hath a cur money? Is it possible a cur can lend three thousand ducats?" He quoted in a deep gravelly voice.

Skye laughed and played along, "The quality of mercy is not strain'd, it droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven upon the place beneath."

Marcus raised his eyebrows, "You know your Shakespeare. Nice."

Skye smiled, "Well, Merchant of Venice is my favorite."

"Why?"

Skye sighed, "My father taught Shakespearean literature in the community college in Jacksonville." She admitted, a small, sad smile gracing her face. "He used to read a little bit of the Merchant of Venice to me every night. It's sort of my childhood."

"Hey," Marcus said softly, "Is he-?"

"Dead?" She finished for him, "No, he's in jail."