10. Devaki- the matchmaker

Devaki looked herself in the morning. She set her kasuluperu with a regal smile. She had married into the Prajapati's family as a teenager, six decades ago. Now, as she was living the fag end of her life, she only wished that her grandchildren lived a happy life. But that seemed little difficult.

She had four grandchildren. Four strong, independent progeny, which had always made her proud but it bought her a massive headache when it came to their marriage.

Her eldest, Bhairav. He has always been the apple of her eyes. Because he reminded of her love, her husband. Calm, composed, perceptive, Bhairav has been the constant support for the family. Since his childhood, she had never seen him loose his cool. He had an excellent scholastic performance, both academically and co-curriculars. When he played piano, Devaki would just close her eyes, loose herself in her own personal heaven. And when he took over, Prajapati Nirmaan, the construction company her husband Vishwanath Prajapati had established, he took it with the stride.

 And when he took over, Prajapati Nirmaan, the construction company her husband Vishwanath Prajapati had established, he took it with the stride

Then, it was time for his wedding. Uma selected a girl, Kirti. It was arranged marriage yes, but their honeymoon phase never ended. Both of them loved each other and it was visible. And the cutest of all, Kriya arrived, life was blissful. Until, Kirti passed away in a road accident.

Her Bhairav, was still calm, composed and perceptive. But was not happy anymore. He lost his life partner, and he lost his smile. He started become aloof. So much so that Kriya was the only person he interacted with. He had started drinking. Uma, Mahesh and Devaki were starting to get worried. They were scared about Kriya's future, if the same pattern continued.

Devaki knew that losing the love of your life wasn't easy. After all, she could never forget or move on from her husband, who passed away when her son's were just in their twenties. She hoped against the hope, that was not the case with Bhairav.

While she was waiting for a miracle, she met with Eesha. Eesha, Kirti's half sister, was a familiar person. But she was never the ideal daughter-in-law material. Not because she was an illegitimate daughter, but because of her lack of confidence. That girl was trampled by her family, and she willingly let them do so. But one day, her perception changed.

 But one day, her perception changed