19. Didn't Think, Think, Thought

The next morning, I got up early as usual and prepared the smoothie bowl

The next morning, I got up early as usual and prepared the smoothie bowl. Shyamalamma informed me that she had a lunch date with her friends, that she would prepare lunch and leave early. I nodded. Just then Bhairav came down. Shyamalamma served him. "Don't send lunch today, Shyamalamma. I am going to the site" Bhairav told her. Shyamalamma nodded.

Then as I was taking care of Kriya, Vimalamma came in. She sat down on the stool in the kitchen, and instructed me about the recipes that are good for Kriya. Shyamalamma snorted next to me. "Vimala, you should probably be the one cooking!"

"It's okay, I love making food for Kriya," I told her before Vimalamma replied.

Later in the afternoon, Shyamalamma left for the lunch. Vimalamma left to rest as Kriya was sleeping. I sighed, now I was bored. I have always kept myself busy. But now, with nothing left to do, I sat down on the couch reading business magazines, Bhairav had.

After sometime I heard the doorbell ring. It was Pragathi's stylist, Anupama. I smiled and welcomed her. Why did she come here? I thought to myself.

"Mrs.Eesha," she greeted me with a nod and continued, "yesterday Mr.Bhairav called me. He wanted you to have a complete wardrobe makeover. I came here to ask about your preferences and style," she finished with an elegant smile.

A wardrobe makeover! Bhairav was definitely embarrassed by what I was wearing yesterday. I felt bad for making him go through that. Only if Kirti was alive!!

"Ms. Anupama," I started, not really sure of myself, "I.. I..I am not really aware of the 'styles of the rich'. You should proceed the way you like".

She frowned. She looked at me for few minutes and sighed. "Ma'am can I look at your current wardrobe?"

I nodded hesitantly. I did not want to take her to Kriya's room. What would she think of Prajapati's if she realised that I was living in Kriya's room? So I asked her sit down,while I bought my clothes to the living room. "I didn't have time to arrange my wardrobe yet," I told her.

She looked at my clothes and nodded. "I will prepare a new wardrobe for you by the end of next week, Mrs.Eesha".

I nodded. That is good. I will not embarass Bhairav in future. I am starting to realise I should be mindful of what I wear and how I behave.

As soon as Anupama left, Shyamalamma walked in. "What is this?" She asked me as I was picking my clothes. I told her about Anupama. She looked at me intently before nodding. "Fine, then. I will help you rearrange the clothes". Once we are done with it, Shyamalamma prepared me a cup of coffee, though I told her not to.

I sat on the kitchen stool, sipping the cup of coffee, when she asked, "what happened at the office yesterday?" I hesitated. But told her anyways. It's Shyamalamma, she would guide me.

"If it wasn't for my stupidity I wouldn't have embarassed him. I also feel bad for Shreya. She got into trouble without any mistake of hers".

"Eesha! Shreya should have.. " she stopped midway looked at me and continued, "you know what, you are right. You caused her problems. Not just her, even Bhairav too. What would the company employees think of him now?"