27.1. Bhairav and the Brides

Bhairav sighed

Bhairav sighed. He seemed to have been doing that a lot these days. Eesha was avoiding him, for the past few days. From the day of the dinner, to be precise. He knew something had happened. He wanted to help her out. He had promised Kirti that he would take care of Eesha. But how was he supposed to do that, when Eesha herself did not want his help?

He had an urge to drink. But refused to do so. He did not want to drink when his thoughts were so... out of order! He leaned back in his chair in the office and sighed again.

Kirti didn't get along with her parents. By extension, he did not either. So he could not really talk to his in-laws. The only person he could hold a decent conversation was Karthik. Which he did, against his better judgement. He sighed for the nth time as he remembered Karthik's exact words.

You seem too much invested in Eesha. You do remember about the contract right?

Bloody contract! He wanted to blame Eesha, for putting him in that position. But he knew that she was prisoner of her own thoughts. He really couldn't do that. But he was only human. He could not control his thoughts, not stop them.

Damn it! He had just lost his wife. Could he not mourn for her in peace?

He came out of his thoughts when he heard a knock on his door.

"Come in".

Bharat walked in, he put a file on his table, "tomorrow's schedule. Anything else sir?"

Bhairav sighed and looked at his watch, half past eight. "You should leave, Bharat".

He nodded and left. Bhairav looked at the next day's schedule. He seemed to have lot of free time these days. He probably needed to take up few projects! With those thoughts in mind, he left the office.

The next morning, he went out for a jog. He was not into gym like Pranav was. He enjoyed jogging, swimming and such. He was doing laps around the front garden, when he met Stuti.

Did she jog too?

He gave her a nod when she looked at him. She gave a customary smile and nodded. He was about to continue going his way, but he remembered his brother whining.

She doesn't put an effort to get along with my family!

She did not put an effort, but he can try talking to her, right?

So he changed his direction and jogged towards Stuti.

"Hello Stuti," he greeted her.

"Hello Baava".

"So.. you like jogging?"

She shrugged. "Trying to keep myself fit!"

He nodded. By now their jog had turned into a brisk walk.

"Is this your first day?"

"After marriage, yes".

They fell silent again. Bhairav felt that she wasn't great at making conversations. So he raked his brain to think of topics.