12. Wife's Stares and Mother's Words!

I am dressed up

I am dressed up... I was not this dressed up for my own wedding. Well technically this is a wedding ritual too. I wonder how it would feel to perform all the wedding rituals. But then, who would do it for me? Sighing I looked at myself in the mirror. The saree was heavy, but the material did not irritate me. But when it came to jewellery, ummm... I know I can't wear this.. Eesha doesn't deserve this, but Bhairav's wife does. So I did not object.

Never say no to people above you!

Reema came in, and said, "Eesha akka! Wow! I just want to bow down and say, ' maharani ji ko pranam'. You look so regal. Bava is going to experience heaven on earth, just by the sight of you!" This girl... Could she not say something more believable? But I smiled and told her that she was beautiful too.. Smiling Reema walked to Stuti. Few minutes later both of them came back and we proceeded downstairs.

Bhairav was standing at the bottom end of the stairs. So I walked towards him. Poojari asked us to take a seat in front of the Havan. Just as we sat, Kriya started crying. Attayya got up to take her out but Bhairav asked her to pass Kriya to him.

Kriya who had just reached her father's embrace, suddenly quieted down. She looked at her father and gave a toothless smile. And he responded her with the same, rubbing his nose with hers. Kriya's laughter rang out. Bhairav's smile brightened. They looked so beautiful together, that I couldn't help but smile.

Just then the Poojary said, "if you are done admiring your husband we can start the Vratam!"

Damn! Eesha! you stupid! I put my head down immediately and nodded. I could see Bhairav looking at me from the corner of my eye, but I choose not raise my head.

The Vratam concluded after we heard the story of Sri Satyanarayan, and later we took blessings from our elders. Later Stuti, Reema and I served food to all the relatives. Some of them were shocked with Dhruv's marriage but didn't comment, atleast not in front of us..

After everything was done, I removed all the jewellery, changed into a simple saree and handed the jewellery to Devaki Jeji. Then I took Kriya to the garden area to feed her. When that was done, I spread a blanket and put her toys on it, and let her play. My beautiful daughter!

"Mother and daughter are enjoying, huh?" I heard Uma Attayya. I got up immediately.

"Sit down dear!" She said with a smile.

I sat down tentatively.

"The rituals are all over, you will be going back to Bhairav's penthouse tonight. Have you packed?"

Now that was a news to me. I thought we were going to live here, but... I shook my head negatively, hoping that I didn't upset her.

"Oh! That stupid son of mine... You should pack!" I nodded in response. Attayya got closer to me held my hand and said, "You were just thrown into this marriage unprepared. It would all be very weird to you.. but.. promise me you will take care of Kriya and Bhairav".