25. The Art, The Magazine, The Pool.

After that day I maintained distance from Bhairav

After that day I maintained distance from Bhairav. I did not cook for him, didn't talk to him, just stayed out of his sight. My day only revolved around Kriya, feeding her, bathing her, playing with her. But when she is sleeping, I found myself free. Nothing to do. That's a foreign thing. I have always had something to do.

I decided to start reading business magazines Bhairav had. I dug out older ones from the cupboards too. Some way to pass time.

"Why don't you go down and read by the pool?" Shyamalamma suggested. I agreed to it. Some change of environment, could do good to my boredom. So I took a magazine and walked to the pool.

I saw Reema with a book in her hand on the stairs by the pool. I walked to her and mumbled a hello. She looked up and gave a bright smile.

"Akka! Hello! How are you?" She asked moving to the side. I took that as a sign and sat down next to her.

"Good. What are you doing?"

"Oh that!" She laughed. "I was drawing. Mandala art. Helps me deal with stress".
With that she pushed her book towards me. I took it and looked at her designs. They were beautiful and intricate. Especially the one she was drawing.

"Very intricate," I complemented her.

"Right? I draw difficult designs when I am stressed!"

"Stressed?" I repeated her last word in confusion.

"Yes! I am super stressed. See, I have decided to not depend on Dhruv, right? So, that means I have to depend on myself. So I asked Leela Aunty to teach me cooking. She agreed. And taught me the easiest breakfast in the World. Dosa!!! I couldn't do it!!!!!!!" She looked like she was at the verge of tears.

"But dosa is not the easiest breakfast".

"Really?"

I nodded.

"I think, bread, butter and jam is the easiest breakfast or chocos? Even they can work too!" I answered.

She laughed.  "You are funny Eesha Akka".

She reminded me of Kirti. Even she used to kick up a fuss when she did not know how to cook something. She would pout, pretend to cry, flail her legs voilently, until I agree to teach her the recipe. I smiled at those memories.

"I can teach you. If you don't mind!" It was an impulse!

"You can? Thank you!" With that she hugged me tight. When we broke apart she told me, " but on one condition".

Condition?

"You are never allowed to get angry".

Although I found it very funny, It's rude to laugh at people. So I gave her a polite smile.

"No getting angry. Deal".

She hugged me again.

"Oh! I forgot to ask. What are you here for?"