Parody One - The Kidnap Cliché

The alarm clock rang and-

Y/N turned it off and said "Ah, what a cloudy day. Guess I should get going."

Just doing their usual business.

Y/N had an insanely cruel life. Their parents abandoned them a long time ago, their siblings made fun of them saying they're an accident, they had financial problems and was practically alone in their life, and their boss was an asshole.

Yet despite all that, instead of being depressed and an emo, Y/N didn't give a fuck.

So what? They can take responsibility and be independent. They can handle it themselves even if it's painful. Being depressed won't help keep them financially stable, they have to do something. They have to choose their pain and struggle. They have to choose better problems for the sake of their life. They have to make a choice. They have to turn their pain into their advantage.

And because of that, they actually had to take credit in all the painful struggles they have been. It made them a mentally stronger person.

They graduated through college and worked as a psychiatrist. They helped people with mental problems and had a stable income. They chose to pay attention on what's truly important and discard the unimportant ones in life. They understand and regulate their emotions, logical to think in solving problems, and had zero interests in being a people pleaser. There was no bullshit with them.

"Hello Y/N." Their friend, Frisk, greeted in the hallway of the lab. "You're not usually this early. Is something up?"

"Well, my emotions got a bit too excited with the new project we're doing." Y/N said while taking a sip of coffee. "I would be the one conducting it while Alphys will assist me. I've always wanted to have a conversation with Alphys."

"Well, you do you." Frisk nodded their head and left to do their business. Y/N went to the research lab only to be greeted by Sans who told them a pun. "Hahaha, very funny." Y/N said sarcastically.

"Gee, you have no sense of humor." Sans replied apathetically. "I have no intention of laughing for the sake of social desire. If I don't find it funny, I don't laugh." Y/N added. They typed on the computer for more information about D.I.D. (Dissociative Identity Disorder) and also about physics. Sans shrugged. "Well, you do you."

"That's the second time someone told me today."

"Because you just keep doing you."

The door opened revealing Alphys herself. The usual lab coat and glasses gave it away. She closed the door and told Y/N that the project will begin in a few minutes. "Well, see you later Sans."

"Sure. See ya."

Y/N and Alphys went to work on with an experiment exclusively about monster behavior this time instead of human behavior. They did it to treat the mental problem with prescribed medicine or a therapeutical process. "It doesn't seem to be post-traumatic disorder when we kept observing. What do you think?" Alphys asked Y/N, still typing on the computer.

"Hm... Could be a phobia. Trauma or morbid fear stimulates it. If they keep shaking nervously like that because they're isolated, they probably fear being alone. But the question is why they would be afraid of being alone." Y/N answered their assistant. Alphys argued that they shouldn't jump to conclusions quickly and be certain already. Y/N agreed to that, saying they were just making up possible theories. "After this, maybe we could explore the subject of physics somehow? I've somehow got interested with the subject." Y/N suggested while inspecting the patient.

"Why, of course. I have a lot of time to do that anyway. And after all this, we can watch anime?" Alphys suggested.

"I don't see why not."