Parody Six - The Flirting Game Cliché

'I am not even going to start with how stupid this game is.'

Y/N was avoiding Horror who was being too clingy. He was trying to make them blush but got constant rejections from them. It can't work. Y/N knew how it would work. 'And then he's going to make a cheesy pick up line.' Y/N thought.

I am not going to make that pick up li-

"Your shampoo smells like my favorite cupcake. You must be my cupcake."

Okay, what have I done to write this? Probably read too much fanfictions in Quotev that pissed me off.

"Uh okay, can you leave me alone now?" Y/N looked at him like he's some kind of creep, which he is. They couldn't understand why people would find cheesy pick up lines cute. In fact, the lines are bad. They locked themselves in the bathroom just to have some peace time with themselves and read that book they haven't finished because of the game. When they sat on the toilet, a hand popped up in the shower curtains and actually startled them internally. "Okay, that turns off a lot." Y/N said almost indifferent with the situation.

"Aw c'mon." Killer opened the curtains and winked. "Don't you find it creepily cute?"

"I find it absolutely creepy and gross."

"Even if it's someone like me?"

"It's creepier and grosser if it's you."

"Ouch."

Y/N turned back to their book and shooed Killer. "I won't until you blush." He said.

"I can't." Y/N replied. "I don't find any of these cute and even if I do, I can't blush. Love is the biggest disadvantage of all, and I can prove that with a lot of evidences I've picked up from my experiences. Love is overrated."

"You sound emotionless even if you aren't." Killer said disappointingly.

"Surprising coming from you." Y/N said and turned to the next page. "You claim yourself to be emotionless when in actuality, you're just repressing your emotions because you feel as though you don't deserve to feel emotions for messing up your own world and even harming the ones you love especially your brother. Do you want a prescription? I can give you one for free."

"Oftentimes, you just talking too much is a turn off." Killer said and left the bathroom after Y/N bid him farewell. After some time, they went out of the bathroom to bring the book back to its place. They met Dust with flowers on his hand. "Blush for me, I guess?" Dust said.

"Hm, let me think... No." Y/N continued walking even when they were annoyed by Murder. "Even if I want to, I can't." Y/N said a lot of times and he still couldn't listen. They finally punched Murder and went in the library alone and in peace. Reaching for the next book, they were met by strings. Y/N rolled their eyes and told Error to give them crimes to solve. "You wanna *BEEP* watch a movvvie, then?" Error asked. Y/N shrugged apathetically. "My two brains do not agree for a movie, but rather a mystery book. Just solve it with me, Dr. John Watson."

"Don't KNOW who *BEEP* that iiis, but sure." They read a mystery book and talked like intellectual companions. Y/N pointed out the answers most of the time while Error gave several useful information that might help solve the problem. "You know that already, observe more." Y/N would nag him. Error would complain the high expectations Y/N had for him. "Seriously, what is going on in your mind there?" They said, "It must be so vacant and boring."

When Error got tired of their constant nagging, Y/N reached for the book they wanted to read. They purposefully acted like a nagging parent to shoo off Error. They came across Cross and talked about the game's silliness. "Yeah, it's ridiculous. Don't know why I agreed playing." He chuckled.

"You know, you just don't want to accept it." Y/N said. "Besides, the better question you should be asking is why you would join Nightmare just to bring back your lost home. You're lonely and need someone, understandable for an average person, but you need to know that oftentimes life does not go your way and that's fine. Besides, just because you're lonely doesn't mean you deserve special treatment. Solitude can actually help when you consider thinking and contemplating for once-"

"Okay, you can shut it now."

They went their separate ways after an awkward silence. The cliche was going nowhere. Y/N kept turning them off. 'Which is the plan.' Y/N thought. They read in the dining room before the other sanses arrived. They thought it was hopeless trying to make them blush. A week passed by like this. There was no change spotted. Even if they carried them in a bridal way or forcefully dragged them to a date, they ended up getting turned off or punched on the face. "It's not cute. It's harassing and uncomfortable." Y/N said. "Fanfictions need more improvement in the flirting area. Life is not a fairy tale."

In the throne room, while discussing about plans Y/N had zero interests on, Nightmare turned his attention at them. "What book are you reading?" He asked.

"Crime and Punishment." Y/N answered. "Interesting book you stole. Saw it in your favorites."

"Oh? Any opinions about my favorites section?"

"You pick great quality books. I shall compliment you for it."

"You saw the poem you made up there?"

Y/N paused and looked at Nightmare on the eye. "You remembered every single word I said. Like it?"

"Absolutely. It was insultingly creative especially for me."

"It was meant to insult you."

Nightmare scoffed softly. He placed his elbows on the table. "You like the poem I wrote for you?"

Everyone looked at Y/N. The others couldn't believe it but Y/N blushed lightly, but disappeared instantly. "The poem was well written. That's all I can say."

"You like the nickname moonlight?"

The others turned at Nightmare shocked and confused. A nickname? What was going on?

"Not really. I dislike nicknames."

"All right then, moonlight."

Y/N was annoyed. "Aww, is our clever boy mad? I love it when you're mad."

"Yeah yeah. You just won the flirting game." They left the room rather bothered by the fact they lost to Nightmare.

The others tilted their heads in utter confusion. "You were trying to make them blush?" Killer said.

"No I didn't. I was trying to make them like me. Didn't work as I expected. I still won anyway, so just stay away from them, yeah? Yeah."

The others just froze on their spots as Nightmare left the room.