Chapter 18: Listen

Next Day

I sit up in my bed; doing make-up work.

Corey's Mom had just left for a business trip in New York.

I found it hard to concentrate on my work. because I was to busy thinking about Corey.

Just there was a knock on my door. I looked up and got of my bed, to open the door. I found Corey standing there in a blue and white sweater.

I move to let him. He walks to the bed and sits down.

"Well, lets get started." Corey says.

I walk over to the bed and sit next to him.

"Where should we begin?" Corey asks.

"How about the kissing scene?" I ask hesitantly.

Corey look at me and says, "I don't know about that."

"Come on we have to get it right for the play."

"Okay, I guess..." Corey says looking down at his script.

Corey and I say our lines.

We both look at each other and go silent. Knowing that we have to engage in a kiss.

"We don't have too." Corey says quietly.

"Were going to have to do this. Might as well practice., come on." I encourage him.

We lean in to each other. Our faces inching closer and closer.

Our lips touch and we slowly start to kiss each other. I put my arms around his neck and Corey grabs my hips to pull me closer.

I start to deepen the kiss.

I couldn't help myself.

"Stop." Corey says and breaks the kiss. He looks at me with pain in his eyes.

"What's wrong ask." I say.

"I can't do this." Corey says.

"But-" Corey cuts me off.

"Summer, I know how you feel." Corey states.

"Corey-" I get cut off again.

"Summer, I kn-" I cut him off this time.

"Jesus Christ! Will, you just listen!?" I yell.

Corey gets up and rubs his forehead.

"What, Could you possibly need to say!?" Corey says harshly.

"You want to know!?" I yell.

"Yes, I would love to know. Are you going to tell me, that you 'can't' be in a relationship? What that you know I love you and you hurt me!?" Corey yells.

I stay quiet.

"I can't be just friends. It hurts me too much. I-" I cut him off.

"I LOVE YOU!" I scream.

Corey stands there just looking at me.

"Damn, it. That's what I've trying to tell you. That's what I was trying to tell you yesterday. But, I couldn't find the words. I always loved you more than a friend." I cried, "But, now I know I was stupid before. I let my father get in my head. Making me think I didn't deserve love." I added.

"But, I know now. That you didn't deserve to not have someone love you back. I was scared of hurting you and of hurting this friendship. Because your all I have and if I lost you; I don't know what I would do." I say through tears, "Most of all I'm scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel with you." I added.