Chapter 29: What Hurts The Most

I sit up in my bed and gently caress my baby bump. A tear gently falls from my eye.

I was wishing right about now that me and Corey had been more careful. I wouldn't have wanted to bring a baby into the world like this. I wanted to be ready for this; but I'm not and I don't think Corey putting his life on hold would've have been better. That's why I'm chose not to tell him. But, knowing that Corey's leaving today, make it so much harder.

I get up and get dressed; making sure that my shirt is a little baggy. I didn't want him to notice my baby bump; even if it was sort of small.

My grandmother drives me to the airport and I enter it looking for Corey.

"Summer!" I hear someone call me.

I turn around to it's Corey and he's standing next to Judy. I smile and run to him, and he hugs me and spins me around. He sets me down.

"I'll give you two a minute." Judy says while patting Corey on the shoulder.

Judy walks away towards a snack bar.

"I can't believe today is the day. Are you excited?" I say trying to hide any trace of sadness.

Corey looks at me and say, "I'm never ready to leave you, Summer."

"I'm going to miss you... I hope Los Angeles is everything you hoped it would be." I gently say.

"Don't worry, I'll tell you all about it, when I see you again." Corey says with a gentle smile.

"I'll be here." I say.

"I know..." Corey says giving me his half-smile; that I adore so much.

"All flights for Los Angeles, California now boarding!" a woman over the PA system announces.

Corey looks up and says, "Well, I guess I've got to go."

Corey pulls me in for one last kiss.

"I love you." he says.

"I love you too..." I whisper against his lips.

Corey pulls away hesitantly and goes through the door; to board the airplane.

I hold back tears and clutch at my stomach. I rub my forehead and turn away.

Judy comes over and wraps me in a hug.

I finally let the tears fall down my face.