Chapter 14: Kakashi sensei's Wisdom

Karen woke up to the sound of the birds singing. She looked out the window to see that the sun wasn't fully up yet. She wanted to get some training in before everyone was awake. So she got dressed and went outside to an open space in the woods to train in without risking hurting someone.

"Alright, let's started," She said to herself as she began thinking about the justu she did yesterday and recalled the proper hand signs. "Yesterday, I did the justu without hand signs which I believe was why I lacked chakra to hold it in place. Let's see what happens if I do the hand signs."

She closed her errand and began making hand signs as she placed her hands on the ground. She felt the ground shake beneath her. She focused harder but instead created a bind, a medium-sized crack formed in front of her failing to shape into a binding prison. She stopped insisting her chakra into her justu as she felt someone behind her.

"I don't know if that's what you were aiming for, but it might be interesting, justu," Sasuke said from behind her. She turned to face him with narrow eyes.

"No, it wasn't what I was aiming for. I was trying to do the binding justu from yesterday," She replied as she turned away from him.

"I believe that it would work out better if you used to target to bind in place. Also, it would help if you built up more chakra for it to work correctly. Yesterday you would under pressure and made it happen," Sasuke stated.

"Right," She said, making a clone before making the hand signs while building up her chakra and putting her hands on the ground. The earth raised up and bonded around the clone's lower body tightly and stood like that for a fifteen until it fell apart.

She then looked up, and Sasuke nodded at her.

"That's good. Last a bit longer than yesterday," he said.

"Thanks. I will probably start making my own justu one day. Based on the back signs of each element," She said, thinking about different types of justu she could make her own with her chakra nature.

"Hey, can I ask you something?" Sasuke asked.

"Sure, spending on what the question is I might not answer," She replied.

"Why do you and sister seem not to get along much anymore?" He asked. Karen rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"To be completely honest, Sasuke, it's because of you. For some reason, she believes I have to have feelings for the same guy as her. When I tell her, I don't feel that way about anyone. I care more about my training," She said.

"Hm," He said as he turned around and walked away.

Karen shrugged and walked back to Tazuna's house after training for a few more hours and decided that she should get something to eat for breakfast seeing as the sun was starting to come fully up now and feeling her stomach rumble.

'That was a strange conversation wonder why he was even talking to me. Through not like it matters to finish this mission, and my training does.' She thought as she continued walking back towards the house.

**

Karen looked at her, which were covered in dirt from her training and needed to be washed before eating anything. She walked up the steps of the house only to be glared at by her sister.

"What do you think you're doing? Going out early in the morning and don't let anyone know where you're going. We were in a middle of a mission, and Zabuza was still out there. What are you a, idiot!" Sakura yelled at her. Karen rolled her eyes at Sakura's behavior.

"Oh, be quiet. I wasn't that far from the house, and secondly, Sasuke found me and knew where I was," She said. Sakura stopped and gave a deadly look at Karen. Who had a feeling about what was going to come next?

"Oh, Sasuke, If you know where she was, then why didn't you tell anyone?" Sakura nagged as if she was his wife or something. Before Sasuke could say anything, Kakashi walked in from outside.

He did tell someone. He told me, and I kept a close on she while she was out," He said. Sakura looked annoyed as she turned and walked back to the room.  Karen rolled her eyes at her sister.

"That's what I have to deal with as a teammate. A girl who whines about not wanting to admit she is in the wrong and always acting like she rules the place," Karen stated, pulling her sunglasses out of her pouch.

"It's okay that her way of showing she cares about you," He said.

"Please, she doesn't care about me. If she wouldn't, she wouldn't treat me like garbage like the rest of that family does," Karen muttered and walked back outside with her sunglasses in her hand still.

"Listen. If she didn't care about you, she wouldn't have snapped like that. I can tell deep down she cares about you and worries about you with the way she was looking for you after seeing you were gone. I worry about you as well," He said, looking at her.

Karen huffed and crossed her arms.

"If that's your way of making me feel better, it sucks. Geez, my sensei worries about me and her looking for me, yeah. Oh, to worry if I was flirting with Sasuke," She said.

"Yes, you are competent and learn justu well, and your chakra control is your stamina needs work. However, you are just as bad as Sasuke with your emotion and hard work with your team unless necessary, but you have shown signs that you care for them. As for your sister, I think she is jealous of your natural beauty with having to do your hair to show your beauty and naturally smart with having to study too much," He explained. Karen looked at him for a minute before putting on sunglasses

"I guess I can see your concern, but that's how I am now, and nobody to blame but the people who changed me. And I will never believe she is jealous even if she admits not after everything she has done and continues to do," She said, stareing at the clouds as a hand was placed on her shoulder.

"What you are feeling now will pass, and eventually, you can forgive her for the pain she has caused you. As long as you learn to open up and learn to forgive those around you," He said. Karen looked up at him and thought about his words. However, she didn't feel like she could genuinely forgive Sakura, but now that didn't matter. All that mattered was getting stronger.

💝💝 💝

Hey lovely readers!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Don't hesitate to let me know what you think of this story.

Also, don't forget to vote and comment.

Q: What was your favorite part of this chapter?

Q: How do you think the tree climbing training and the rest of the arc will go?

Thanks for reading!