Chapter 4: Teams

Karen's P.O.V

I woke up with a sigh the next day remembering today was the day we get assigned our teams.

I just hope that I didn't get stuck with Sakura. It was bad enough dealing with every year at the Academy picking on me. I don't want to have to deal with her any longer.

After snapping out my thoughts. I grabbed my headband and put it on before heading to the kitchen to make breakfast before heading to the Ninja Academy.

**

I was walking to the ninja Academy when I suddenly ran into by two people who were running and not watching where they were going. Making me fall on my butt.

"You should watch where you're going," I said standing up and rubbing the dirt off my pants.

"Are you should watch where your stand," A familiar voice said.

I looked up to see my annoying so-called sister named Sakura and Ino.

I sighed not wanting to deal with this and just started walking away.

"Hey don't walk away without apologizing for bumping into me freak!" Sakura shouted.

I rolled my eyes and continue walking inside.

**

I sat in my usual seat alone by reading my book. Trying to clear my mind from seeing Sakura.

I didn't bother to look up when Sakura and Ino ran to Sasuke's table and start complaining about who was first.

I still didn't look up as the other fangirls joined in with fighting over who was first.

I just continue to read my book, until I heard some people laughing I finally looked up to see Naruto and Sasuke kissing.

'Okay, that was a surprise.' I thought.

**

Third person's P.O.V

After Naruto and Sasuke kissed, all of Sasuke's fangirls best Naruto almost to a pulp before they all went to their seats.

Iruka Sensei was now congratulating the genin and started to explain being group into three-man squads.

"All genin will be grouped into three-men squads but because of the odd number. There will be one group with four people and each squad will be lead by a jounin," Iruka sensei explained.

"Squad 7 Naruto Uzumaki, Sakura Haruno."

Naruto yelled with joy while Sakura had a gloomy aura and said"I'm doomed."

Karen rolled her eyes not understanding how Naruto can have a crush on Sakura.

"Sasuke Uchiha."

Now it was time to switch roles. Sakura now yelled with joy while Naruto had a gloomy aura and said "I'm doomed." Sasuke just had his normal expression. Karen was just hoping inside that she wasn't on this team.

"And finally Karen," Iruka sensei finished.

Karen sighed not wanting to be on a team with Sakura.

Once again Naruto yelled with joy. Sakura looked at Karen with disgust.

'Yay Karen on my team. Now maybe I can finally get her to talk to me again and smile.' Naruto thought.

Karen just sighed as Naruto walk over and hugged her and let out a groan knowing she was now stuck on a team with Sakura.

"Iruka-sensei!! what were you thinking of, saddling a most excellent shinobi like myself with that loser?!" Naruto asked pointing at Sasuke once he was back at his sit.  Sakura glared at him.

Iruka-sensei looked at Naruto "The idea is to balance your strengths...that's why you ended up together! Out of the twenty-eight of you, Sasuke has the second-best grades, Naruto, you would be the bottom of the class"  Iruka-sensei explained while the whole class started laughing at Naruto as he crossed his arms and sat back down.

Karen just sigh and went back to reading her book waiting for Iruka to dismiss them.

Ino raised her hand.

"Yes, Ino?"  Iruka-sensei asked looking at her.

"If Sasuke-kun has the second-best grades, who has the best grades?" Ino asked confused.

"That would be  Karen,"  Iruka-sensei said. Everyone looked at Karen with shock in their eyes while Sakura glared at her.

Karen felt Sakura glare and just annoyed it not wanting to deal with Sakura anymore.

**

Karen's P.O.V

Everyone was now leaving for lunch. Expect for me and Sakura. I was finishing reading my chapter when Sakura walks over to me and tries to slap my face but I grab her wrist.

"Don't you think about touching," I said glaring at her before walking away and leaving the academy to sit under a tree and eat my lunch.

Once I was outside I sat under a cherry blossom tree and begin to eat my rice balls while still reading my book.

I groaned as I suddenly felt the sun shining in my face as the clouds moved away from the sun. So I grabbed my sunglasses from my pouch and put them on my face.

Once I was done reading a couple of pages of my new book that was on poison. I stood up and wipe the dirt off my pants and began heading back to the Ninja Academy.

**

I opened the door to the classroom only to see Sakura glaring at me like always.

"YOU'RE LATE!!" she yelled.

"Are sensei not even here yet. So just leave me alone and bother someone else," I said walking past her and sat at a desk ignoring the glare Sakura was giving me.

I rest my head on the table while looking out If the widow.

"What are you up to, Naruto?!!" Sakura asked.

I looked up to see Naruto moving a table in front of the door, while holding a chalk eraser, he gets on top of it, sliding the door open slightly, placing the eraser on top of it, and jumps off the table snickering.

"It's what he gets for making us wait!!" Naruto said crossing his arms.

"I want no part of it!"  Sakura said with an angry look.

I rolled my eyes knowing she was lying.

"No way could a superior shinobi be caught by such a simple booby trap," Sasuke said looking at Naruto annoyed.

"I wouldn't be so sure of that," I muttered.

"Sasuke-kun is right," Sakura said putting both her hands on her waist while glaring at me for not agreeing with her Sasuke.

A hand appeared on the door sliding it open, getting all their attention; a man with grey hair and a mask covering half his face except for one eye walked in as the eraser fell on his head with a poof of white chalk smoke appearing on his head.

"GOTCHA!!"  Naruto laughed while pointing at the man.

"I'm sorry, sensei. I tried to stop him, but Naruto..." Sakura said, trying to play innocent.

"Hmm...How shall I put this? Based on my first impression, I'd have to say...I hate you,"  the man said as the team went gloomy.

💝💝💝

Hey lovely readers!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Don't hesitate to let me know what you think of this story.

Also, don't forget to vote and comment.

Q: What was your favorite part of this chapter?

Q: What do you think will cause Karen to awaken her Rinnegan?

Q: If you were In Naruto, what clan would you want to be from?

Thanks for reading!