Chapter 26 : The Chunin Exam begins

Karen, Takuma, and Kinji walked into the room, where they spotted several ninjas from different villages.

"Quite the competition," Karen commented as she and her two teammates walked over to stand against the wall.

"That might be, but we're going to do great," Takuma said with a smirk as he looked at Karen before a familiar voice caught his attention.

"Wh-What's this?!" Naruto said loudly.

'Man, he is so loud.' Karen thought, looking at one of her old foolish friends.

"Gee, I guess we're not alone," Sakura said nervously."Man, I had no idea there be so much competition."

"Pathetic if she can't handle eyes on her, she stands no chance in the Chunin Exams," Kinji commented."Especially if ahe didn't expect there to be a lot of competition."

"I know, and she thinks she is so much better than me," Karen stated as she straightened her sunglasses.

"Ah, don't mind her. She just doesn't understand that there is more to being a ninja than just book smarts," Takuma commented."By the way, what with the sunglasses?" He asked.

"I have my reason there excellent to wear and the other I can't explain just that it best to keep them on," Karen said before a loud feminine voice caught her attention.

"Sasuke, where have you been?" Ino said loudly as she wrapped her arms around Sasuke as she giggled."Boy, you have no idea how much I was hoping you'd show up here! I've missed those brooding good looks of yours."

Karen sighed as she recognized the older of voice as Ino Yamanaka, who was just annoying as Sakura when it came to Sauske.

"What the deal? That dude is nothing but emo, yet those girls are all over him like he that amazing," Kinji stated with a sigh as the two girls started arguing loudly.

"Hey, you porker! Back off! He's mine!" Sakura yelled

"Miss. Forehead, they let you in!" Ino replied."You still got those big frown lines on your billboard brow, I see."

"Agree if I would to ever be interested in a guy, it would be someone who makes me feel safe and cared about, I guess," Karen said with a shrug as she watched Shikamaru walk over towards Naruto and them, and eventually, so did Hinata's team.

"Yep. Here we all are well except for Karen, so instead of ten, it is just the nine rookies," Kiba said, realizing Karen wasn't with Team Seven.

Karen then noticed a silver hair teen walk over towards the nine rookies. "Who is that guy? There is something about him," She said.

"What like you find him attractive?" Takuma asked.

"No, it just seems he knows too much for a Genin even with more experience than us," She said, listening to his explanation of the Exams.

"I see what you mean. That is odd, I guess but don't worry about it. Just focus on the exams," Kinji commented.

Karen nodded and tuned out the rest of the commotion coming from her classmates as Kabuto continued talking with them.

'Kinji, right? I'm worried about nothing when I should focus more on the upcoming exam.' Karen thought as she leaned back against the wall, waiting for the Exam to begin.

"My name is Naruto Uzumaki, and I'm going to beat every one of you. Believe it!" Naruto suddenly exclaimed, making everyone look at him.

"Well, for a clueless idiot, Naruto has spirit," Karen stated.

Suddenly three Sound ninjas charged towards attacking him as she quickly dodged, but then his glasses suddenly broke as he fell to his knees, coughing.

"Alright, you baby-faced degenerates, pipe down and listen up!" A tall man wearing a black high-collared coat said as multiple other people were stood behind him."It's time to begin. I'm Ibiki Marino, your proctor. And from this moment, your worst enemy."