Chapter Thirteen

Mother is throwing a ball tonight, for god knows what, and making us all attend. Kol is standing before a full-length mirror wearing a black evening suit while a tailor adjusts it. Rebekah is getting her nail painted by an assistant, Finn and Elijah are also in the room preparing for the ball, and Nik is off doing whatever he does. Jasper and I are whispering to each other on the couch, I am trying to convince Jasper to go back to Forks because mother being alive makes being in Mystic Falls 1000 times more dangerous, but he won't leave without me. We both know that I won't go, leaving my sibling to deal with our mother by themselves.

"Rebekah?" Kol says, breaking the silence. "Tell me how handsome I am." He said, making Rebekah roll her eyes.

"Ah, Kol, you know I can't be compelled." The door slammed open before Kol could respond, relieving a pissed-off Nik.

"You went after Elena? What is wrong with you?!" He stomps over to Rebekah, glaring at her. I looked over to Rebekah, confused. I thought we were going to go after Elena together.

"Here we go." Rebekah sighs, shooing away the nail assistant, ignoring my look.

"Do you want another dagger in your heart?" Nik threatened.

"Again, with the dagger threats? Don't you have any other tricks?" Kol said, turning away from the mirror.

"Oh, go back to staring at yourself."

"And who are you, my father?"

"No, Kol, but you're in my house," Nik says while stepping closer to Ko.

"Then perhaps we should go outside." Kol buffed out his chest. They were glaring at each other until we heard footsteps walking into the room.

"Enough!" Mother says, breaking the pair up. "Niklaus. Come." She demands.

*************

Cars are pulling up the driveway in front of the mansion. Inside there are lots of people talking. A live band is playing classical music. Jasper and I watch Damon walk over to Coral Lockwood from the corner of the room, handing her a glass and champagne.

"Hello, Carol."

"Hello." They click glasses as they greet each other.

"Hanging out with your new besties?"

"I'm the mayor, Damon. When the oldest, deadliest family of vampires moves into your town, you welcome them with a smile."

"Hmm, Well, at least you know who you're borrowing that cup of sugar from."

"I'm trying to protect this town. They've assured me they want peace, and I've assured them that I'd enforce it." I take a step forward when I see Kol walking over to them just in case he starts something.

"Mayor Lockwood. We haven't formally met. Kol Mikaelson. I hope your lovely town embraces us just as much as we plan to embrace it." Kol greets Carol, kissing the back of her hand.

"Damon Salvatore. Have we met?" The hand that he holds up gets ignored by Kol.

"I've met a lot of people. And you don't particularly stand out." Kol said, walking away from them and towards Jasper and me.

"Did you have your fun?" I ask when he reaches us.

"Yes, sister, I did." He said while he kept on walking, passed us, making me laugh and roll my eyes. I turn to Jasper to see that he is stiff and that his eyes are black, instantly making me concerned. I grab his hand with mine and feel him squeeze. Being around this many humans must be tough.

"Are you okay? We can leave you if you want."

"No, it's okay. I'm fine." He tried to convince me. I looked at him with uncertainty but nodded anyway.

"Just keep me updated," I said, making him nod his head. Elijah walked past us, touching my shoulder, informing me that its time for him to make his announcement. I grab Jasper's hand and guide him to the stairs where all of my siblings are. I stand next to Bekah while Jasper stands on the step below with his arm around my waist.

"Uh, if everyone could gather, please," Elijah announces, making everyone turn to us. Mother joins us on top of the stairs as well. "Welcome, thank you for joining us. You know, whenever my mother brings our family together like this, it's a tradition for us to commence the evening with a dance. Tonight's pick is a centuries-old waltz, so if all of you could please find yourselves a partner, please join us in the ballroom." Everyone starts to grab onto their partner and walk into the ballroom.

"Can I have this dance?" Jasper asks with his arm out.

"Of course." I smile and wrap my arm around his; we join everyone else in the ballroom, most of them already dancing the waltz. We start dancing, just staring adoring each other's eyes. It gets to the part where we switch partners, so Jasper twirls me, and I land into Damon Salvatore's arms. He has a smirk on his face.

"Ah, if it isn't the one and only Tribrid."

"Hello, Damon," I respond, rolling my eyes. I can see that Jasper's new dancing partner is Bekah in the corner of my eye. By looking at Jasper's face, I can tell that Bekah is probably talking about some guy she likes. Damon follows my eye line.

"Jealous?" I turn to Damon to see him smirking and staring intensely into my eyes.

"No, why would I be?" I ask with a quirk of my eyebrow.

"You know, if you and Jasper don't work out, you and I could go a round or two." Before I could even respond, we both heard a deep growl, and Damon was pushed away from me. Jasper was now in between me and Damon. If looks could kill, Damon would be six feet under right now. Damon raises his hand in surrender and walks away, smirking. Jasper turns to me and roughly smashes his lips to mine.

"Mine." Jasper all but growls. I shot him a breathtaking smile and responded,

"Yours, forever. As you are mine." He smiles and leans back in to capture his lips with mine.

************

Jasper and I were in world own little world talking and laughing about random stuff while dancing. We weren't aware of my siblings looking at us with a smile on their faces, them happy that their little sister finally found love and happiness. We got dragged out of our little world by my mother standing at the top of the staircase, clinking her champagne glass. Everyone gathers around to listen to what she has to say.

"Good Evening, Ladies and gentlemen. Waiters are coming around with champagne." A waiter walks past Jasper and me as Mother says this and offers us champagne. Jasper politely declines, but I take a glass and thank the waiter. "I invite you all to join me in raising a glass. It provides me with no greater joy than to see my family back together as one. I'd like to thank you all for being part of this spectacular evening. Cheers!" Everyone followed her in raising their glass and taking a sip. As I swallow my sip, I feel the magic flowing in the champagne. I tense up and look around the room to find my siblings drinking the champagne. I snapped my gaze to mother and glared at her, my eyes glowing amber. I can practically feel Jasper's concern and confusion as he looks between my mother and me. Mother looks at me with a smirk on her face. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Surprise!! I am back. Sorry, it literally took two years to post this chapter. The next chapter will hopefully be up soon. I am planning on writing it tomorrow, so we will see.

Thanks for reading!!! and waiting